T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
4,383 Posts
Try the acid test now... Will it sell on ebay? I doubt it, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I know this niche, and I don't think this has enough "pop".

Also priced at $28, it is is too expensive, especially when compared to the competition. Side by side, it easy to see that the shirt bellow has much more "pop", and its only $12 with free shipping. Which one would you buy?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try the acid test now... Will it sell on ebay? I doubt it, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I know this niche, and I don't think this has enough "pop".

Also priced at $28, it is is too expensive, especially when compared to the competition. Side by side, it easy to see that the shirt bellow has much more "pop", and its only $12 with free shipping. Which one would you buy?

thanks for reply, the price is not final, I'm not launch this site by now, I'm going to grown this brand and selling just on my website by now.

I'm working on a different kind of design, more minimalistic, I'm working with graphic design, I'm thinking his kind of design looks like a gift shop, in quality on design/material, you can see Gildan tag on his shirts.

His original price for t-shirts is $ 20 the $ 12 tees is a promo and I do not know if they have any issue with.

price is relative ... Supreme is a proof, marketing works!
we are all distinct on something.

· Registered
4,383 Posts
I'm thinking his kind of design looks like a gift shop, in quality on design/material, you can see Gildan tag on his shirts.
The people who buy these shirts don't know what Gildan is, and they don't care either. This shirt has over 2,000 sales on ebay, and that says it all.

His original price for t-shirts is $ 20 the $ 12 tees is a promo and I do not know if they have any issue with.
You should visit Italy... All the prices are always discounted. It's just like the ".99" trick. Looks stupid, but it works.

price is relative ... Supreme is a proof, marketing works!
Oh boy... :rolleyes:.

· Registered
4,606 Posts
personally i would choose cailforever's design
looks original and far less tacky

is that your own artwork?

and yes, price is marketing/targeting, i've seen shirts sell for $150 that seemed rather bland to my eye
but, they sell, so what are you going to do
life is full of $12 tee's that i would never consider wearing
i would pay $25 for original artwork on a tee (not just some letters and a copy of the cali flag bear)

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

is that your own artwork?

and yes, price is marketing/targeting, i've seen shirts sell for $150 that seemed rather bland to my eye
but, they sell, so what are you going to do
life is full of $12 tee's that i would never consider wearing
i would pay $25 for original artwork on a tee (not just some letters and a copy of the cali flag bear)
You understood where I wanted to go!

yes, it's my creation. I am researching (important) enough to be able to offer a quality product at an appropriate price!
by working with design for many years, I understand that less is more!

· Registered
1,521 Posts
I rather not make any t-shirt then selling them for $12 with free shipping. I leave low price competition to enjoy their self and kill each other with low prices. When they are closing businesses one after another at least they know why that's happening. And I see that a lot at my place.
I am talking about one t-shirt for 12$. Bigger numbers in T-shirt order, different rules. But bottom line, for that money, my time can be more valuable somewhere else.

I also like wearing less ''pop'' t-shirts, but if you need ''big pop'', no problem. I will make it and sell it.

People are so different and there are many people which wouldn't pay more then 12 bucks per t-shirt, but you also have people which wouldn't wear 12$ t-shirt. How you get those customers is the important part.

So I would assume it depends what your business plan is and how you gonna make it happen. And also what process you are using to make those t-shirts.

· Registered
195 Posts
That first one needs some flames or something. Or maybe it could be smoking a blunt.

· Registered
4,383 Posts
If I was making just what I like to wear, I wouldn't be able to sell much. Yes, if I absolutely had to chose one or the other... I would choose cailforever's design too. In reality I'm not interested in either one of them, and what I was trying to say is that you have to know the niche first, and concentrate on what is likely to sell.

I also like wearing less ''pop'' t-shirts, but if you need ''big pop'', no problem. I will make it and sell it.
Exactly!

I rather not make any t-shirt then selling them for $12 with free shipping. I leave low price competition to enjoy their self and kill each other with low prices.
I wouldn't print it on demand, but I would happily sell them from stock. I would even do 2 for $15 for the slower selling ones...still with free shipping. I'd even ship it to Australia for $3 :D. I have a little side business, which is run my a single person, and I do exactly that. It is not t-shirts, but the size of the packages is similar.

Anyway back to the point... The idea is to produce what people want, and sell it for as much as possible.. However, unless you can somehow make your product more desirable regardless of price, you have to take into account the competition.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.