T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm wondering if there are people here who had problems with customers who claim that they did not receive the t-shirt they ordered, while you are sure you sent it. And what is the best thing to do in such cases?

Vinci

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Well, they may have legitimately not recieved it. Sometimes the post office delivers to the wrong address. I know I get other peoples mail occasionally.

The best thing to do is use preventative measures. Buy tracking and insurance, if you are concerned with this.

Have the customer call the post office. You may have to send another t-shirt though. Thats business.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have had this happen twice so far. One case was a shirt that was won off of eBay. The winning bidder claimed he didn't receive the merchandise. I said I would replace only if he provided an alternate mailing address... he finally did over a month later while I was away on vacation. Came home to two or three inflamatory emails and a negative entry on my user feedback. For me when dude left the negative feedback the case was closed... he got no replacement. Second case was a customer through our site. He was very cool about the whole thing so we replaced the shirt. Who knows if it were actually lost.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ship everything w/ delivery confirmation and offer the option of purchasing insurance. I also explain that lost, stolen, or damaged mail is not my responsiblity. DC is on $.13 extra electronic rate USPS first class, $.55 extra when paying at post office ($.45 priority mail). It is free if you print your priority mail label online. HTH.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
jdr8271 said:
Delivery confirmation won't help if the package is delivered to the wrong address.
Does that really matter? You can prove you sent it, so it's up to them to take the matter up with the post office.

Granted that attitude may not get you repeat custom, but it won't get you ripped off by people claiming not to receive things they did either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts