T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if anybody has posted this.

But I have came across and bought Go Media's T-shirt template packs and they work very good and they are easy to use. Here is a sample I did with a the winning T-Shirt design and one I did really quick.

I think the packs are great and very useful. I'm just posting to recommend them to anybody that has trouble mocking shirts up for their customers. I think they beat the cartoon mock ups.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
:confused:DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THE SOFTWARE PROGRAMS SUCH AS ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR, COREL GRAW OR PHOTOSHOP TO USE THE T-SHIRT MOCK UPS?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Im not sure if anybody has posted this.

But I have came across and bought Go Media's T-shirt template packs and they work very good and they are easy to use. Here is a sample I did with a the winning T-Shirt design and one I did really quick.

I think the packs are great and very useful. I'm just posting to recommend them to anybody that has trouble mocking shirts up for their customers. I think they beat the cartoon mock ups.

Chris
The gomedia t-shirt mockups were mentioned in this thread: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/graphics-design-help/t57469.html

They also have an article about how to create the mockups which was really helpful.

I bought the templates, but I'm having a hard time with part of my design getting clipped off when I apply the clipping mask. I admit I'm not much of a photoshop guru though.

Nice job on the extravaganza tee mockup. Can I use that? :)

shelly53 said:
DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THE SOFTWARE PROGRAMS SUCH AS ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR, COREL GRAW OR PHOTOSHOP TO USE THE T-SHIRT MOCK UPS?
Yes, you need to have some type of image editing software program to create a mockup. The ones from gomedia were meant to be used with photoshop.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:confused:DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THE SOFTWARE PROGRAMS SUCH AS ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR, COREL GRAW OR PHOTOSHOP TO USE THE T-SHIRT MOCK UPS?
Oh yes I forgot to mention, they are really large .tif files with layers. I've only been able to open it with photoshop not illustrator or any of the corel software. I havent tried gimp so I don't know if they open in it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the templates, but I'm having a hard time with part of my design getting clipped off when I apply the clipping mask.
Im not sure if I understand the problem, but are you unlinking the mask from the artwork?

Nice job on the extravaganza tee mockup. Can I use that? :)
Sure. Would you like the larger file?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Im not sure if I understand the problem, but are you unlinking the mask from the artwork?
Ummm...I'm not sure exactly. Am I supposed to? How is that step supposed to be done?

I tried following the tutorial step by step, but when I get to this part, it chops the design on the t-shirt or it doesn't clip it so that the design is contained within the t-shirt image.

gomediazine.com said:
Grab the actual mask from the “Mask” layer (not the whole layer), and drag and drop it right onto the “Your Art” layer.
This sort of shows what's happening when I try:
Quickie video showing me trying to apply the mask

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ummm...I'm not sure exactly. Am I supposed to? How is that step supposed to be done?

I tried following the tutorial step by step, but when I get to this part, it chops the design on the t-shirt or it doesn't clip it so that the design is contained within the t-shirt image.

This sort of shows what's happening when I try:
Quickie video showing me trying to apply the mask
Ok. I had the same problem at first. Try to click the chain link icon to disable it from happening. If they are linked you are also moving the mask with it. Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Thanks Chris! So the chain link should be off or on?

Or I should just be "dragging" the chain link instead of grabbing the white t-shirt thumbnail and pulling it down to the your art area?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do exactly what you did in the video. When the mask is on the art layer, turn off the chain link. Then you can start adjusting your artwork.

Reactions: Rodney

·
Registered
75 Posts
No doubt the shirt pack is awesome, and anytime you can showcase a product that looks resl is a plus for a customer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, that looks awesome compared to the crappy shirt templates I've been using. You mentioned you haven't gotten it working with Illustrator, though. Is there a similar shirt template that will work with Illustrator that anybody knows of?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, that looks awesome compared to the crappy shirt templates I've been using. You mentioned you haven't gotten it working with Illustrator, though. Is there a similar shirt template that will work with Illustrator that anybody knows of?
If you want this one or one similar to this, you will most likely need photoshop because it is raster image with layers.

If you want one that works for illustrator, it will most likely be the ones that are cartoony because it is a vector or clipart.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm also having trouble with this. I tried to drag the mask into the design layer & there's a circle with a line going through it meaning that I can't do it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm also having trouble with this. I tried to drag the mask into the design layer & there's a circle with a line going through it meaning that I can't do it.
Try using the selection tool or clicking on the correct layer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I seem to be having the same problem... i try to drag mask to layer i get the circle with the line through it, and cant even put the mask on the art work layer. hmmm i followed tutorials and tried it step by step. what do i do, pls help.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The MOST important questions with this.....
Do they offer the pictures of the shirts from the BACK SIDE?
Yes they give you 5 different color shirts all with come with a wrinkled look for the front and back, and a normal flat look for the front and back.

And the best part is you are not limited to those five colors, you can adjust the to your liking.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts