T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have just formed a new clothing label, could any one recommend a screen printer who labels, and bags the garments and delivers to my door. I know china and india are cheaper but i will have to pay customs and tax charges. would it be more cost effective to use a company in the uk to avoid these costs. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks. kris.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Kris,

It would depend on how many designs and how many t-shirts you needed. For larger quantities it would still be cheaper to go to china even with the tax.

There should be places that will do what you want, just google or search on here.

I make my own so can't recommend any particular company but I'm sure someone here will give you some names.

Lee

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey chris,try fifth column in london nw5,a really good printing service and they are very helpful too independent labels,of any size the have a very good in house printing,labeling,and packing service and they can even arrange labels for you.they will even let you come on too the print floor too watch your cotton being sample printed, an labeled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate. Ill try them. is there any way of avoiding all the custom and tax charges, i was in talks with a company in vietnam, but i would have to pay 9.6% gsp on the order, but the sums still seemed ok. They offered to produce my t shirts for £3.50 each with screen print, labels and swing tags etc, if i ordered 1000 tshirts thats £3500 up front. I could resell them for around £20 each which would make me a gross profit of £20.000 - my £3500 back. £17500- 9.6%= £15820 approx. ( what am i moaning about). im looking at £7-£8 a t shirt in the uk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts