Where is the T-shirt gallery?
The link I clicked on from the welcome PM did not go to a gallery
It took me to the forum navigation front page
Do I have to post in the T-Shirt gallery before I can receive emails?
i'm looking through the links in the PM.... seems like most of them work. which link specifically?
And the forum welcome PM says to post in the T-shirt gallery to get full privileges
This is copy & pasted from the forum welcome PM:
General T-Shirt Buying Discussion - Talk about a new t-shirt design you have seen, a cool t-shirt in the media, or most things t-shirt related (on the retail side).
T-Shirt Gallery - View a visual gallery of cool t-shirts available for purchase. T-Shirt Merchants from around the internet showcase their latest and best designs for you to buy.
T-Shirt Industry News - Reporting and discussion of the latest news effecting the t-shirt industry. This is a read only forum.
T-Shirt Articles - T-Shirt Articles, Interviews, How-To Instructions and Reviews covering a variety of subjects related to t-shirts.
When you click on the link you are returned to the forum navigation screen
Thank you for registering at T-ShirtForums.com. We're happy to have you as part of our growing t-shirt community.Please take a few moments to read through this message (it's called a Private Message or PM). It will help you get situated with how our forum works, how to navigate your way around the site, and how to best find the answers to any questions you may have about the t-shirt industry. (it's called a Taking 5 minutes to read this page now will save you hours of research later Please don't reply to this automated message.
What the Forums Are about:
T-ShirtForums.com is a friendly online discussion forum for sharing and researching t-shirt information. People of all levels of experience are welcome to join in on the discussion by asking questions or sharing answers.
We are here to help with the business of starting a t-shirt business. We are not here to actually do business with each other. Think of us as part of your support network to get your business running
What the Forums Aren't:
The forums are not a place to post links to your business or promote your products or services. Please do not use the forum posts to offer your products or services to other members.
T-ShirtForums is not a venue for personal vendettas. This is not the place for resolution of personal disputes with members or companies.
Quick DOS and DON'TS
Please no company bashing.
- DO: feel free to jump in the discussions
- DO: treat other members with respect
- DO: use the search first to see if answers to your questions have already been posted
- DO: read and understand the forum rules
- DO: follow the widely accepted forum etiquette
- DON'T: be afraid to ask a question when you can't find the answer in a search
- DON'T: start or engage in arguments (flame wars) with other members
- DON'T: try to promote or recommend your product or service in the forum threads
- DON'T: forget to have fun
Are you new to online discussion forums?
If this is your first time using an online discussion forum, also known as a "bulletin board", here's the basics:
A forum is an online web application used for holding discussions about a particular topic. The topic of this forum is "T-Shirts"
This page from wikipedia outlines some of the basic aspects of forum usage: Internet forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here's a link to learn which buttons to press to ask a question.
You can learn how other areas of the forum work here.
How to Navigate the Forum:
T-ShirtForums.com is divided up into several different SUBJECT areas. Each subject area has its own section of the forum.
The subject areas are also sometimes referred to as "forums" themselves (example: you may hear someone say, "try the Graphics and Design Help forum"), as each subject area hosts discussions about that specific topic.
If you visit the main page of our site at www.t-shirtforums.com, you will see the different subject areas listed as you scroll down the page.
When posting a question or looking for answers, please navigate to the forum subject area that best matches what you need. The different subject topics include:
How to Find Answers:
- Announcements and Site Updates - What's new at t-shirtforums.com. Check out the latest happenings for our site. This is a read only forum.
- Forum Information - Contains the general forum rules and guidelines, and our T-ShirtForums.com mission statement.
- General T-Shirt Selling Discussion- a general topic area for t-shirt selling questions. When all else fails and you can't find a forum section to put your question in, please post here.
- Graphics and Design Help- a place to discuss the various graphic design software programs used to create t-shirt. Also discuss graphic design techniques and tips.
- Ecommerce Site Design - a section to discuss the many aspects of building a t-shirt related website. Web hosting questions, shopping carts, seo, usability and more can be discusssed here.
We also have a separate section of the forum just for asking for honest reviews of your website or a specific t-shirt design. It's called the Site Reviews - Design Reviews forum.
- T-Shirt Marketing - this is an area to discuss the advertising and marketing that goes into running a successful business. This includes online strategies like myspace, youtube, search engines, blogs as well as offline ads like magazines, newspapers and word of mouth.
- Offline Retail and Tradeshows - here you can discuss the process of getting your t-shirts in retail outlets. Setting wholesale pricing, finding sales reps, etc. You can also discuss selling at events, fairs, festivals. Finally, this area is for the discussion of industry tradeshows such as Magic, ASR, Agenda, Printwear, ISS, SGIA and more.
- T-Shirt Tag Relabeling and Finishing - you can talk about relabeling or retagging t-shirts with your own company label, find answers to common questions about tagless t-shirts (and why they don't exist), as well get help with other finishing services like hangtags, garmenet washes and more.
- T-Shirt Fulfillment Services - you can discuss the various fulfillment services in this section of the forum. A fulfillment service is generally a company that provides an "all in one" type service that includes printing, warehousing of your products, setting up an online store for you to sell your products with a markup, ecommerce hosting, payment processing, shipping of products to your customers, customer service, etc.
The major fulfillment companies that have been around 2+ years or more have their own sub forums in this section (CafePress, Zazzle, PrintMojo, PrintFection, Spreadshirt), however you can discuss any company in the main section.
- Screen Printing - this area is for discussing the screen printing process. It includes equipment suggestions, inks, capabilities, specialty printing and more.
It is not for finding a screen printing company to print your t-shirts. Since we have many printers that visit our forums, we tend to stay away from specific printer recommendations that may encourage self promotion.
- Heat Press and Heat Transfers - this area is for discussion of the heat transfer method of t-shirt decoration. Topics include tips on the recommended equipment, recommended papers to use, durability, best results, different methods, quality and more.
- Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers - Discuss the various aspects of heat pressed vinyl transfers. Popular and new types of vinyl media, suppliers, vinyl cutters /plotters, press times, quality, how to instructions and more can be found in this heat press sub forum.
- T-Shirt Crossover - Diary of a Heat Press newbie - This section of the forum is where Rodney, a die hard screen printing fan, journeys into the world of heat press and heat transfers. Coming from the perspective of a complete heat press newbie making t-shirts for the first time. Jump right in
- Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing - Discuss the various aspects of direct to garment printing. DTG printers include Brother, T-Jet, Flexi-Jet, DTG Kiosk, Kornit, Mimaki, Tex-Jet and others! Discuss and learn about this up and coming printing technology.
- Dye Sublimation - Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.
- Embroidery - Discuss the various aspects of embroidery services: stitchcount, DST files, machinery, garment selection, etc.
[*]Need Help Finding A T-Shirt - If you have seen a t-shirt somewhere or used to have a favorite t-shirt and don't know where to buy it again, post here and see if one of our fellow members can help you locate it. This is for searches for a single t-shirt to buy retail, use the wholesale t-shirts forum for help sourcing a particular brand or style.
[*]General T-Shirt Buying Discussion - Talk about a new t-shirt design you have seen, a cool t-shirt in the media, or most things t-shirt related (on the retail side).
[*]T-Shirt Industry News - Reporting and discussion of the latest news effecting the t-shirt industry. This is a read only forum.
[*]T-Shirt Articles - T-Shirt Articles, Interviews, How-To Instructions and Reviews covering a variety of subjects related to t-shirts.
[*]TF Lounge - Relax a bit in the TF Lounge and talk about "other" offtopic subjects like family, work, movies, books, etc (no political or religious discussion please
[*]TF Classifieds - This section is for t-shirtforums.com community members to list physical t-shirt related items for sale. Used printing or press equipment, leftover blanks, etc. Members can also place a "Service Request" to see if other members can provide a service they need (screen printing, sticker printing, web design, graphic design, etc).
The T-Shirt Classifieds are free. You must have made at least 15 posts to sell an item in the classifieds. You must be a logged in, registered t-shirtforums member to view the classified threads. Find out more about the classifieds here (please read before posting a classified or buying from a classified post).
[*]T-ShirtForums Feedback - Please post your feedback and suggestions regarding the T-ShirtForums site in this forum. To protect your privacy, only you (the thread starter), and the administrators of this site will be able to see the threads posted in this forum.
Before you ask a question in the forum, please try to find the answer first by:
Take your time and try all of the above Don't get discouraged if you don't find the answer on your first couple of searches.
- Searching the past forum threads using the main search (there is a "Search the Forums" link in the left hand Site Navigation area of the site):
- Check out the Popular Search Tags (there's a link in the left hand Site Navigation are of this site). This shows you popular keyword subjects that are discussed in the forum. Each discussion can be "tagged" with a keyword to make it easy to find later. You can find quick answers by searching by single keyword or clicking on a keyword on that page. http://www.t-shirtforums.com/tags/
- Browsing to the various Forum Subject Sections above that might cover your question. In each section there is a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) post that has answers to many of the questions you may have.
- Browsing to the various forum subject sections and using the "Search this Forum" box that is located at the top of that subject section. That will narrow your search to the discussions in that topic and will help you find better answers.
Here's an example of where you can find the search this forum box:
- Try visiting the original source for direct information (for example, many copyright and trademark questions are answered by the copyright.gov and uspto.gov official websites). See the "Resources" section in the left hand navigation of this forum.
Trying different keywords or phrases can help bring up different topics.
If you don't search first, you may find a delay in getting answers that you post if members see that it is a common question that has already been discussed several times.
Searching actually saves you time by not having to wait for new answers to be posted. You can find answers 24 hours a day!
Still can't find an answer? Don't despair, we are here to help!
How to Ask Good Questions to get the Best Possible Answers:
This link will show you which buttons to press to ask a question.
When asking a question, please consider the following when preparing the post.
Please take the above as a general guideline. We don't want you to be afraid to post questions in the forum, but we've found that many times you can get the answers you need by using the above steps.
- Make sure you are asking in the right place
That means choose the most appropriate forum subject area above that matches your question.
- Start a new thread or discussion for your question
Don't post your question as a reply to an existing discussion. Start your own unique thread for your question and...
- Use a meaningful, specific Subject line
This is VERY important. This is your golden opportunity to attract experts attention to your question. Don't waste this opportunity by using a generic subject. You will get MORE responses and BETTER responses by being descriptive in your subject.
Bad Subject TITLE: HELP!!!
Good Subject TITLE: how can I remove the labels from a Fruit of the Loom t-shirt?
Bad Subject TITLE: Heat Press question
Good Subject TITLE: How do you clean the top part of the heat press?
Bad Subject TITLE: screen printing
Good Subject TITLE: Can screen printing handle fades and multiple colors?
More generally, imagine looking at a list of an archive of questions, with just the subject lines showing. Make your subject line reflect your question well enough that the next guy searching the archive with a question similar to yours will be able to follow the thread to an answer rather than posting the question again.
People reading the forum looking for questions to answer generally scan through the message TITLES to see which ones reflect something they have knowledge about. If the subject line is not specific, you may miss the great information they have to share if they miss your question.
- Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled English to the best of your ability. (No need to worry/apologize if English isn't your native language)
- Ask one question per topic.
While it can be exciting to have stumbled upon such a resource of industry specific answers, resist the tempations to unload all of your varied questions in the same post.
Members answering your questions are limited on time, so a long list of questions might cause members to skip your thread. You Subject TITLE will also only be able to accurately reflect maybe one or two of your questions, so people scanning the list of threads may miss that you have 10 other questions to be answered.
- Be explicit about what your question is.
While it's good to have some background about your situation, be sure that the actual question that you need an answer to is clearly spelled out in your post.
- Say how you have already tried to find a solution
If you have already tried to find an answer using the "how to find answers" tips above, be sure to note which searches and information you've found so we know not to suggest that in our answer to your question (or so we can suggest different keywords to search for that will lead you to an answer)
- Don't post the same question to multiple areas of the forum.
Just find the most appropriate area of the forum and post your question once. If someone has an answer, they will see your question TITLE and respond when they can.
- Don't "bump" your post by replying to your own question to get it to show up in the "new posts" screen.
- Don't ask people to reply by private email or private message.
It makes it hard for other people with the same question to benefit from the answers posted. For more information, read this great essay I recently found about "Why You Should Ask Questions in a Public Forum"
Above all, have fun please. We hope you enjoy being a part of this great t-shirt community!
T-Shirt Forums Administrator
some forums don't let you have any pm privileges until you reach a defined number of postsI mean seriously I have one mod here who has been telling me "I don't need PMs because I just registered here"
Really? How else was I going to contact the seller?
I was able to send a PM (inc my email) and the seller contacted me telling me my inbox was full
As of today I still don't have 5 PMs stored (which the site says is my limit right now) yet the seller's PMs were getting bounced
That's why I was trying to do everything i could to get expanded PM privileges to rectify the problem as quickly as possible even though nothing should have been getting blocked in the first place