T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i believe i saw something in a reply to one of my posts that suggested there were successful t-shirt designs available for purchase and printing. is this true? i mean, tried and true designs that people can buy, put on their own shirts, and sell?

if so, is this a viable business? i need to raise some capital and this might be quicker than waiting for everything to be settled re: my own shirts.

if so, how does one go about it? are there systems already set up to facilitate this?

thanks!

veggie

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T-BOT said:
sorry Vegie,
are you talking about lets say the top 25 selling t-shirt designs for the general market ? ....that you can buy easy and print/sell your shirts on demand ?
hey, t-bot!

not sure if that's what the poster was referring to, but it sounds good. :) is there such a thing?

now if i buy easily and then print/sell the shirts on demand, does that mean i would be doing something like cafe press? not silk screening?

thanks!

veggie

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
there were successful t-shirt designs available for purchase and printing. is this true? i mean, tried and true designs that people can buy, put on their own shirts, and sell?
Places like www.proworldinc.com sell stock t-shirt design transfers in a wide variety of categories with popular themes/saying/pictures. They can be easily adhered to a t-shirt with a heat press.

People do this all the time. You just have to have a unique way of marketing it, since a lot of people are doing the same thing.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
yeah, you can buy the top sellers from various transfer companies (all good quality), put them up on your site main page on special, that would generate more sales. I'm talking about a t-shirt buying general market.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks a lot, rodney and t-bot!

how can you tell which ones are "top selling"? what's the standard? and are these graphics and/or slogans so popular that people will look specifically for them? i'm just trying to get an idea re: how this would work. if i used them, would i use key words for a search engine and get people actually looking for that particular graphic and/or slogan?

also, i know some folks mentioned that sales go up for xmas. is that for specifically xmas shirts or just in general?

thanks!

veggie

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
also, i know some folks mentioned that sales go up for xmas. is that for specifically xmas shirts or just in general?
sales in general go up around the holidays.

how can you tell which ones are "top selling"? what's the standard? and are these graphics and/or slogans so popular that people will look specifically for them?
Sometimes the site selling the transfers might label them as "popular". Sometimes you just know from "seeing" the t-shirts out alot in the "real world" :)

Many t-shirt designs are searched for by a specific name (or a specific description). But since there are so many people selling some of those designs, I don't know if "search engine marketing" would be a good place to do your major marketing if you plan on selling the popular transfers. You could give it a shot, but I wouldn't make it your whole marketing plan.

For your own unique designs, search engine marketing should definitely be part of your plans :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts