T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could direct me towards a software, which I could use to design customers t-shirts. I know the ideal software for this would be Adobe Illustrator or so I have been told. However, I am just starting out something a little more inexpensive and easier to use just to get me started would be ideal.

Thank you,

KJ.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might want to try and see if you can find an older version of Adobe Illustrator. You don't need to get CS4, you can go back to Illustrator 8. Later versions offer features you might not use. I'm sure there are print shops and graphic artist that have an older versions sitting in a box collecting dust.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Make sure your computer can support the older version. My favorite version of Photoshop(5.5) is unsupported on OSX.

Reactions: Shirts99

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been printing for some time now and until lately have been doing the same old stuff that
sells and was really getting bored of it. I didn't want to spend a fortune on new software as I
am using Corel X3. I came across a new site that is fantastic and affordable. Its
www.advancedTshirts.com WOW. I actually am excited to come to work again. They have hours
of free tutorials online. They not only have the software for sale, but show you how to use it.
Its amazing.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
My opinion is that you want both raster (Photoshop, PHOTO-PAINT, Gimp) and vector (Illustrator, CorelDRAW, Inkscape) software. I use both Photoshop and Illustrator in my designs. I use Photoshop far more than Illustrator myself.

Gimp and Inkscape are freeware, but if you really are serious and plan to create digital art for a long time, you might save up for Adobe or Corel software.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts