T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
I did some reading a while back about celebrity copyrights. You can't use their picture unless it's in a news story, like in a newspaper or tabloid. But you can use elected politicians all you want for free and without permission. I'm guessing the same law applies to their name as their picture. But maybe you could get away with it by using only the first name. I think think you probably need permission to do product parodies. I think Wacky Packages got permission. I know for a fact that Weird Al Yankovic has to get permission for every song parody. I would love to do product parodies and use celebrities too, but I have lots of ideas without resorting to that anyway.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I also wonder about Mad Magazine. They do parodies or satires or whatever all the time and they say that the people in their magazine have no relation to any living people bla bla bla. I wonder how they get away with that silly ploy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.