T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of any good software that would allow me to make my own graphics and designs to put on my tees? is it easy to learn?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
There are so many out there. I use Photoshop, Illistrator, but there ialso printshop, Jasc and a good drawing design would work. The software only help.. you still need to be able to draw.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Vector programs like Corel Draw or Illustrator are best if you're doing spot color printing because you don't have to worry about resolution.

If you're doing designs with a lot of colors (CMYK or simulated process) photoshop is good.

·
Registered
950 Posts
This all depends on what type of graphics and designs you want to do.

What type of graphics, Raster or Vector?
What type of designs? 100% custom, clip art and text based?

There are even cheap programs designed specifically for creating t-shirts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Raster is when each individual pixel is defined... such as in a photograph. Files with extensions like .jpg or .tif are commonly raster. Adobe Photoshop is a common program used to create and manipulate raster images.

Vector is when lines, points, curves, etc are defined mathematically to create an image that is infinitely scalable. Files with extensions like .ai or .eps are commonly vector. Adobe Illustrator is a common program to create and manipulate vector images.

Hope that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts