T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
T-shirt design competition £200/$350 prize

Mahoney has launched a t-shirt design competition with a prize funD of £200 (approx $350). Visit ineverleftthehouse.co.uk for more info and to see and rate recent submissions.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Re: T-shirt design competition £200/$350 prize

I don't want to stick a spanner in the works, because I love the idea, but the Association of Professional Illustrators recommends a price of GBP300 for sales to a small-medium size company for a t-shirt design. As a basic fee....and the prize is less than that. And you get $1000 through threadless.

But I shouldn't have said that, because I like your site a lot, and the whole competition thing.

And if we ever did one, we'd probably pay the same.... :)

And looking at the submissions, clearly this is the current leader:

http://www.ineverleftthehouse.co.uk/submissions/showphoto.php?photo=22&sort=1&size=medium&cat=2

I'd buy that.

Or of course this, which would give the Wicked Isn't Easy t-shirtcountdown.com Cat a run for it's money...:

http://www.ineverleftthehouse.co.uk/submissions/showphoto.php?photo=27&sort=1&size=medium&cat=2

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

Oh just ignore me. I've now seen at least 5 that would make excellent, top-end commercial quality t-shirts.

So my vote is anything but the cat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah we're getting some really nice stuff in....it's a shame we can't buy them all! If we could stump up £300 we would. Please know the deal coming into this so I guess they're ok with it. Threadless started at about the same...they've only recently gone crazily big and started printing 10 new shirts a week!! That's 10k they've dished out before they've printed a thing! Jealous isn't the word!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

lafours said:
Threadless started at about the same...they've only recently gone crazily big and started printing 10 new shirts a week!! That's 10k they've dished out before they've printed a thing! Jealous isn't the word!
$250 rings a bell in the back of my mind for Threadless. I don't know if they started as low as that or not.

Just a correction though: Threadless haven't been doing 10 new shirts a week. They've been doing 6 new shirts and 4 reprints. So 18 new designs from a total of 30 print runs in the last three weeks. Not disagreeing that that's massive, just 40% less than you said.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Ah yeah...forgot about the reprints...still...if I could print one new shirt a week.....oh boy!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

lafours said:
Ah yeah...forgot about the reprints...still...if I could print one new shirt a week.....oh boy!
Given the quality of some of your entries, give it a year, and you may be able to :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Given the quality of some of your entries, give it a year, and you may be able to :)

Well that's sent me off to my day job with a grin on face!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts