T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of T-Shirt color considerations should I keep in mind?
Which colors of t-shirts are popular with men and women?
By color, I mean the shirt, not the design.
Do women prefer baby doll t-shirts over the standard style of t-shirt?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Most women will prefer a ladies cut shirt to a standard uni-sex t-shirt.

Dark colors are usually a fair bit more popular than light colors, but it does depend on your market too. A friend of mine that runs www.syswear.com (geek and gamer shirts) gets all of 7-8% of his sales on white and ash combined, and the rest on dark colors (red, navy, and especially black)... other markets won't be quite as clear cut, but darker colors are going to be more popular. It also depends on the designs and what works well on what color, of course.

Finally, it also depends on your printing method. If you're using a partially on-demand method like plastisol, you can offer more colors since you can print them as they are ordered. OTOH, if you're outsourcing traditional screen printing, you'll need to have shirt colors (and sizes) determined ahead of time so you would want to offer fewer colors.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I tend to sell more of the fitted t-shirts over the baby doll tees....I thought it would be the opposite. The people I've sold to expressed more interest in the colorful tees.....especially lavender. I know a lot of women like pink but I think sometimes that tends to be TOO girly in the way of tees. Most women who want to be super girly don't wear t-shirts. (But I'm trying to change that!) I'm still experimenting though with colors so who knows.

·
Registered
119 Posts
jdr8271 said:
What is the difference between fitted tees and baby doll tees? In my mind, both of those are the same thing.
Fitted tees are just smaller shirts that look exactly like regular tees.....so they fit to curves.

Baby doll tees have http://www.americanapparelstore.com/women-t-shirts.htmlwider, rounder necklines that show a little more skin, thinner seams, and Usually thicker in fabric as well. They tend to be more feminine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts