T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what I would like to do, but I don't know how to put it into a plan so to speak.

How do you write a business plan for a tee shirt biz? I also would like to know how do you write a marketing plan for the same?

What do you put into your plan? Does anyone have a sample or know where I can get samples from?

Thanks in advance.:)

·
2,957 Posts
Re: Biz plan

Something additional that I didn't throw into the thread Rodney linked to:

My dad gave me some software last year. Business Plan Maker Pro. I never really looked at it much, mostly because my wife has a degree in business and marketing, and we put the plan together ourselves.

But when I took a look at a couple of weeks ago, there were sample business plans on it, with sample companies.

1 of the companies was a t-shirt company!

So, it's got every single thing needed for a business plan, and every category with information as if you were starting a t-shirt company.

It's got real sources listed for shirts, such as Hanes, American Apparel, etc.
Real statistics.

I thought that it was really cool that basically there was a whole sample business plan done on a t-shirt company.

The software is like 50 bucks.

I went through and printed off the t-shirt company sample business plan.

If anybody is interested inthe sample business plan, to give you a good idea of what's required just visit this post and it's yours:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showpost.php?p=48938&postcount=43

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I love you guys. When I first came here, I didn't know anything. I only knew I wanted to do shirts and what niche. This board has taught me so much. I know I still have a lot to learn, but with the help of the people here, I'm sure I can do this.

Thanks to all of you here that has given this board so much info. Let's keep it coming and keep the forum growing.

Now thanks to you two for the info. Hope to see more here on this topic.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts

And you know what Marc .. we love you.. To add to this topic when I was with the Gov. we did what is known as a performa report for every project we did. I added a Starbucks cart to my cafeteria (Imagine having your own starbucks cart, I was buzzing for 5 years.. ) anyway it details the cost of the equipment, labor, price of each item and and results of if sold items. meaning if we sold so many of an item what would be the results. This is different than a business plan which discusses why and how your going into business and what your capital expenditures are. Pretty much what a bank would want to borrow money to go into business. A performa tells you what you can expect or should expect from an individual project or item your introducing to your business. So if you are doing screening and then add heat pressing what could you expect to make by doing heat pressing jobs. It breaks down you cost of selling that item. The end results always show up on your profit and loss statement.
Oh yes.. how many of you do those? If not you should. I could tell you today what my profit and loss is. I run every thing in excel spreadsheet. Remember your running a business and you have a partner in Washington. Lou

·
2,957 Posts

Rodney said:
Sounds like a cool find, Greg! Thanks for sharing.
Sure, no problem!

Those that have asked for it, give me a little bit and I'll get it to you. I'm not at home, and it's on my home computer.

As soon as I get home, it will go right out!

Don't forget to post and tell what you think of it!

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts

(Imagine having your own starbucks cart, I was buzzing for 5 years.. )
Mmmm, my own starbucks cart. Man, I could get a ton of work done with a free starbucks buzz. A couple shots around 10pm, maybe one around 2am and I'd be good :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts

I had 5 assistance managers under me and if I was having a meeting with them they would each bring me coffee from the cart.. The problem with that was I couldn't stop talking I was so hyper.. their problem. Boy do miss that..

·
2,957 Posts

Okay, the Business Plan has been sent out to those that have requested it.

I still need an email address from a couple of you though, but those that have supplied their email address, you should have it now.

Just a few notes about it:

The plan is done for a screen printing company based in Montana called, "The T-Shirt Co."! It is not real for those of you wondering.

Even though it is for a screen printing company, you will get a great example of what's needed for a plan and how it all fits together.

It was not in a business plan format per se, but all of the info for every section you need is there. Since it wasn't formatted, I had to save each section as a different "WORD" document, so it would be clear.

Just open up the document entitled "Intro & Executive Summary" and you will see the order that the rest of the documents need to be in.

If you have any questions, just let me know, and I'll try to help.

Don't forget to post, and have fun!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks Swingin, I got mine yesterday. I'mma give it a look at on Sun. I got a cook-out to go to tonite.

·
2,957 Posts

Marc, glad you got it. Be sure to post what you think.

Thomas, I don't know why you haven't received yours. I sent it to my netscape and yahoo email accounts from my "Conquer" email account and received it in both in a matter of seconds. I even quadruple checked the email address. Maybe we can figure something else out for you.

Don, you never sent me a PM requesting it with your email address. Send a PM with your email address, and I'll get it right out to you!

·
2,957 Posts

Okay, I've emailed out LOTS of business plans, but no one has posted anything about it.

Let's hear it! What do you think?

Most of you have let me know that you have it. If there is anybody that has asked for it before today, and have not received it, please let me know.

But, PLEASE post and let us know what you think about it!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Comin'OutSwingin said:
Okay, I've emailed out LOTS of business plans, but no one has posted anything about it.

Let's hear it! What do you think?

Most of you have let me know that you have it. If there is anybody that has asked for it before today, and have not received it, please let me know.

But, PLEASE post and let us know what you think about it!
Just wanted to let you know that I had requested a copy of the plan but have not received it to date.

Margarete

·
2,957 Posts

Maggie, I don't have a PM from you requesting it. Send me your email address in a PM, and I'll get it to you.

Jim. Same for you. Just send me a PM with your email address, and it'll go right out!

I see both of you are fairly new. To send me a PM, just click on my name where it's underlined and in blue. Then go down and click where it says "send a pm to Comin'OutSwingin".

It will take you to a page where you can send me a PM (private message).

Just send me your email addresses, and I'll make sure you get it.

And welcome to the forums!

·
2,957 Posts

Okay, it's been almost 2 weeks since I emailed the first business plan to someone requesting it.

Since then I've sent it to about 20 different people, and we still have no comments on it.

I know a lot of you have received it, because you have thanked me either by PM or email. I appreciate that. But if you REALLY want to thank me, let us know what you think about the sample business plan, here in the forums!

I think it's pretty good. And since it is based on a ficticious screen printing shop, I know a lot of you can benefit from it.

So, am I all wet? If you think so, let me know. Is it pretty good? Tell us why.

Let's hear it.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts