T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am a total rookie to this game, but I have an idea for a t-shirt business that I know would be a huge hit among college sports fans across the country. I am concerned that legally obtaining the appropriate licenses for printing college's names may be too tall a task for a person with almost no business experience.

This idea has the potential to be successfull at every college and university accross the US, there is no doubt in my mind about that. It has the potential to reach tens of thousands of sports fans I am quite sure. My question is, is there a way I could sell my idea to a company capable of handeling all the legal issues associated with the idea, and hopefully collect royalty payments?

If so, what are some good company's I could approach with the idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
There are companies that do licensing for college sports teams. You would have to find them and go through them. You might try contacting several universities and asking who handles their apparel licensing and manufacturing.

One thing to keep in mind when you have a great idea you want to sell is that most of the time, a company is not going to want to buy an idea. They will want to see a sample or prototype, or at very least a detailed plan.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Take it slow and as Jasonda said, you'll have to develop a plan in order for a business to bite, in the least, if not you'll have to actually implement the business plan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey,
Thanks for your responses. My next question comes after I have developed a prototype/ detailed business plan. It may be tough to anwser but....

Does anyone have a suggestion for me as far as which businesses/companies would be the best for me to approach with a t-shirt idea that targets college sports fans?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
There's a bunch of companies that cater to college sports teams, it really depends what you are trying to market and/or niche you are trying to fill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts