T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anybody familiar with vintage style, thin, soft type of t-shirts? The kind that are sold at Urban Outfitters, under the label BGD? I am looking to buy approximately 80 blank ones for a silk screening business... I'm having a hard time finding these kinds of shirts. If you are familiar with BGD, I would love to find these at whole sale costs for a bulk order. I think Urban Outfitters owns this label, so I can't get these unless I buy them through their retail(?).

Does anyone know where I can find shirts like that? Or point me in the right direction?

thanks,
Will
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
WMBransdo said:
Does anyone know where I can find shirts like that? Or point me in the right direction?
Will, you really only have to post this question in one area, not three.

As far as I know, Urban Outfitters buys from various independant shirt companies to sell them in the stores. I bought a bustedtees.com shirt from them, and my girlfriend bought another by Urban Renewal (still no luck tracking them down if anyone knows.. she likes the cut a lot).

More research will turn up that the blank shirts were made by American Apparel (hush Solmu), Royal Apparel, etc. Do a search on some past threads here!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,512 Posts
Chris said:
More research will turn up that the blank shirts were made by American Apparel (hush Solmu), Royal Apparel, etc. Do a search on some past threads here!
They probably were... what am I going to say to that? :D

I don't take every opportunity to denigrate AA, only those where it's appropriate. In this case it isn't - they certainly meet the criteria that were asked for of being thin and soft (and readily available).

If people want to research AA the information is already there, if they don't I'm not going to force it into every thread.

As an aside though, is the BGD label definitely applied to whatever shirts are outsourced from other suppliers, or is BGD their own house label separate to the stuff they get from places like Busted Tees?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Solmu said:
As an aside though, is the BGD label definitely applied to whatever shirts are outsourced from other suppliers, or is BGD their own house label separate to the stuff they get from places like Busted Tees?
They leave the tags on things they get from Local Celebrity, Vintige Vantage, etc. They have a label of clothes made in Philly (can't remember the name right now), and I think they use the same manufacturing to make the BGD. Regardless, it's definitely an in-house operation.

Dave
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top