T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the T jet 2 for years now and it is easy for me to align the shirts very easy. My question is when you just drape the shirt over the platten. How do you nail it every time? With the T jet 2 I can fold the sides over and see how much over lap there is. Once the sides are the same I print. They make it look easy but I have a hard time believing that. I think the new T jets have it but since I felt my service has sucked from US screen I am looking at the DTG machine for my next machine. I would not like to get crooked images!! Basically tell me how you make sure it's lined up. With the T2 it is held down with a metal hoop. This just hangs.
Thank you,
Darin

·
Registered
37 Posts
honestly, i just eyeball it...and try to feel the material with my fingers to make sure it's about the same on both sides....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool. Even with my T Jet plattens I double and triple check. I guess it is an OCD that I would need to change, but I thought of a way to do it tonight that I think would work flawlessly every time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
We used double stick tape to affix a laser level to the front of our printer such that it shines the laser light on the shirt surface right down the center of the platen. Cheap and it helps quite a bit to get a perfect alignment quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts