T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use their older version which is called fast films. It helped out alot with the type of artwork we could now do with that separation program. You still might have to do a little tweaking on some certain channels. But overall well worth the money spent. There are other programs out there, but I haven't tried any of them, so can't give an opinion on them. I think most offer a trial version you can try and use. I think t-seps is a 20 day trial you can download. You have to have adobe photoshop (ver 6 or higher) to use it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Simple seps doesn't do simulated process or index separations, it only does spot separations in Corel. So you might think "Why buy it?" ...Because of the great color management, it will take a vector image with a lot of colors and quickly and easily change it to different shades of a limited number of colors, and it will also make your white base plate and choke it for you automatically. It will also make half tones that work for a lot of art (but not for very high end art) so you can do halftones in Corel without a rip. It also adds registration marks.

He has videos available on his site that give you a very clear idea of what you can do with it.
advancedtshirts.com - advancedtshirts.com

For $120 it also comes with a vector art package with a lot of the types of images that are popular these days and tutorials that show how to use the program.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gots a question. I'm putting my biz together and just received Accurip. I use Corel Draw X3 but will also have another computer loaded with photoshop. If I have Accurip installed can I also have Simple Seps loaded on the same computer? Is one better then the other? Can I use both or only need one or the other? Also, what about T-Seps; does it do the same thing as Simple Seps?

Thanks for your help,

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Gots a question. I'm putting my biz together and just received Accurip. I use Corel Draw X3 but will also have another computer loaded with photoshop. If I have Accurip installed can I also have Simple Seps loaded on the same computer? Is one better then the other? Can I use both or only need one or the other? Also, what about T-Seps; does it do the same thing as Simple Seps?

Thanks for your help,
Accurip is not a separation software or plugin, it's a Raster Image Processor for printing films with an ink jet printer (think it only works with Epsons)

check out T-Seps and SimpleSeps on their websites and compare them, each has their own advantage and/or disadvantage

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
We are a small company and artwork is a real mountain that we are trying to get over. Does t-spes really help? Is there a cheaper program that does the same thing?
the program can help but it all depends on what you need. I've been looking into automated separation software for years and have yet to be satisfied with any of them. they all require some skill with graphic programs to yield a quality job. Depending on your needs and what you find acceptable, these automated software could be a good solution.

There's a few that are decent like T-seps
QuickSeps and SimpleSeps are the most common

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Thanks Red, I appreciate the response. I know watching the promo's on these programs sure look impressive, kind of exciting.
No problem. i've tested many of them and have been rather disappointed but i have very high standards and they just don't meet my or my clients needs. They are decent programs tho. I'd recommend trying them out if they have trial versions available.

Many of the videos i've watched for this are just like most advertisements, you have to realize they make it look easy because they have prepared the art in advance and have chosen art that will work well in the demo for optimal results. With that said, again depending on your needs they could be a good investment

·
Registered
14 Posts
I swear by T-Seps. There is no other program out there that gives me the control and flexibility I need over my designs.

I have tried some of the more "user friendly" programs out there and always achieved a horrible result.

Joe Cool has been in the business of printed large format heat transfers for over 20 years. Fast Films (or T-Seps) has always been our preferred separation method.

It's not the cheapest, or the easiest to learn but the results are absolutely awesome...provided you understand how everything translates to your print. The biggest mistake I see with color separations are people trusting their computers too much. There is no substitution for a professional approach to color seps. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.