T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all; will T-saver remove Jetwear for blacks?
I just pressed a crooked image in a black t-shirt :(.
Thank you.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have not tried it on the dark transfer paper, but the paper is adhered by glue and is a vinyl material. I would think the answer is yes, but I can't guarantee it. I have no dark transfer paper to check it with. I'm sorry , I can't give you a more definitive answer. .... JB

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I have not tried it on the dark transfer paper, but the paper is adhered by glue and is a vinyl material. I would think the answer is yes, but I can't guarantee it. I have no dark transfer paper to check it with. I'm sorry , I can't give you a more definitive answer. .... JB
JB, order some "market research" samples! If this works, that is a whole other market this product can help. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
JB I can send you some if you would like to try just pm me .

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Press a regular bond paper on top of the opaque for 5 to 6 seconds. Peel both opaque and bond paper while hot. That is how I remove Alpha Gold when the opaque is goofed up. I believe somebody mentioned Jetware is the same as Alpha Gold.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Press a regular bond paper on top of the opaque for 5 to 6 seconds. Peel both opaque and bond paper while hot. That is how I remove Alpha Gold when the opaque is goofed up. I believe somebody mentioned Jetware is the same as Alpha Gold.
Here comes the amateurish question.. what is the bond paper ?:)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Luis is this what are you talking about?
I googled it and found this What is Bond Paper? :)

Bond paper is a strong, high quality, durable paper consisting of up to 100 percent rag pulp. Probably best known for its important role in offices as the paper of choice for letterhead, envelopes, and other papers for official business, it is also used for memos, announcements, manuals, flyers, newsletters, reports, personalized stationery, brochures, and postings. ATM, cash register and Point of Sale Terminals — credit card swiping machines, called POS in the industry., and engineering and architectural drawings also use bond paper. Acid free bond paper is used in preservation, for example, interleaving archival material, You can also obtain bond paper with preprinted designs or border.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Luis is this what are you talking about?
I googled it and found this What is Bond Paper? :)

Bond paper is a strong, high quality, durable paper consisting of up to 100 percent rag pulp. Probably best known for its important role in offices as the paper of choice for letterhead, envelopes, and other papers for official business, it is also used for memos, announcements, manuals, flyers, newsletters, reports, personalized stationery, brochures, and postings. ATM, cash register and Point of Sale Terminals — credit card swiping machines, called POS in the industry., and engineering and architectural drawings also use bond paper. Acid free bond paper is used in preservation, for example, interleaving archival material, You can also obtain bond paper with preprinted designs or border.
Bond paper is the generic term used for printer paper like inkjet and laser papers. I just used the standard blank printer paper to peel the opaque transfer.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol I feel like an idiot ...:D didn't even read what I found at Google, just copied and pasted :).
Thank you Luis.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not with bond paper yet :), but yesterday I tried with teflon, and it was very hard to peel it off. While is was hot
I tried to lift the edges of the image up, but it didn't work very well.
This is a sample
Sample 2

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Luis, that is an incredible find you made there, about how to remove the dark transfers with regular paper. Wow! MS2!! Lol.

For Alpha Dark, yes, Mike said Jet Wear and Alpha Gold are both the same paper, which is Neenah Jet-Opaque. They just have different names.... like the Ironall dynasty. :)

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
@ Marcelo... Marcelo... that transfer looks ripped on the edges. Is it? I've used Ironall Dark, and re-pressed only with the teflon... it didn't do that. I was wondering if I read the post right? Are you saying you pressed with the parchment paper, and teflon on top, peeled both, the re-pressed with only the teflon, and the teflon ripped it (is it ripped?). Thanks, Marcelo, just wondering what you have going on over there? :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Luis, that is an incredible find you made there, about how to remove the dark transfers with regular paper. Wow! MS2!! Lol.

For Alpha Dark, yes, Mike said Jet Wear and Alpha Gold are both the same paper, which is Neenah Jet-Opaque. They just have different names.... like the Ironall dynasty. :)
I have been doing this for years. This is nothing new. Remember it only works with opaque transfer. I used just my regular printer paper. Lou

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Bond paper is the generic term used for printer paper like inkjet and laser papers. I just used the standard blank printer paper to peel the opaque transfer.

Hiya Luis... I think bond is a little different than regular copy paper. It's a little thicker and fancier. I have my resume done on bond paper, but for my printers, I just run the less costly white copy paper. The feeling and price are different. I was to read the plain white copy paper does the job. :)

That is really awesome you told us this. I do have some opaque transfers I was never happy with, now I can try to remove them.

Q- do I put the white paper over the transfer with or without teflon, or would it matter? Thanks so much! :)

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I have been doing this for years. This is nothing new. Remember it only works with opaque transfer. I used just my regular printer paper. Lou

That is really awesome, I hadn't heard of this before, I guess it's not something that comes up much, but it's a very good trick to have.

It looks like Marcelo may be needing the trick. :eek:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did press it with the parchment over the image, and it came out nice, then I re-pressed it with teflon, when I lifted the teflon, a little part of the image lifted too, it was a little part, but enough to ruin the image. When the t-shirt was declared dead, I tried to revive it, by re-pressing with teflon and picking up as much of the transfer paper as I could.
After a little while I gave up. What you see in the picture is what was left.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I did press it with the parchment over the image, and it came out nice, then I re-pressed it with teflon, when I lifted the teflon, a little part of the image lifted too, it was a little part, but enough to ruin the image. When the t-shirt was declared dead, I tried to revive it, by re-pressing with teflon and picking up as much of the transfer paper as I could.
After a little while I gave up. What you see in the picture is what was left.
Aww, that's terrible. I'm sorry to see that. I do press with just the teflon without issue. I guess I've been lucky.

Are you going to try Luis' and Lou's trick? Seems perfect for you.

Q= can teflon lose it's nonstick quality? Marcelo, do you think there can be a slight coating of something from past pressing built up "on" your teflon causing it to stick? I've heard Magic Eraser cleans them without using a chemical then. I've also heard 409 works. Whacha think?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Kelly, every time I will use the teflon I clean it with a dry rag, both sides. I don't know what could have caused this issue here. But it was just a test of transfer for darks. Which by the way I like it.
I thought the transfer would look glossy ( it was Jetwear Dark High Gloss ) however it didn't look gloss at all, that's when I decided to re-pressed with teflon, it used to work with... don't remember what kind of transfer or vinyl :(.
Still never cleaning with any chemical, I might try with 409 thou.

Have a good night.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Hiya Luis... I think bond is a little different than regular copy paper. It's a little thicker and fancier. I have my resume done on bond paper, but for my printers, I just run the less costly white copy paper. The feeling and price are different. I was to read the plain white copy paper does the job. :)

That is really awesome you told us this. I do have some opaque transfers I was never happy with, now I can try to remove them.

Q- do I put the white paper over the transfer with or without teflon, or would it matter? Thanks so much! :)
Kelly,

I just use printer paper. I don't use a teflon sheet to peel the opaque off. It may not work for IronAll for dark though. It is not as sticky as Alpha Gold. You can try though. Please let us know if it works with Ironall for dark.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts