T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchases a refurbished T Jet. I just started using it today, my first print printed out ON TO the platen and the board a little bit in the front, is that an alignment problem? My 2nd print was even worse, it was light red where it should have been black and alot of other color variations and again it was printing a little onto the strip on the platen that holds the shirt. All these designs also had some sort of dots in the graphic. After each attempt I did the nozzle check and head clean, but nothing, the third time the print head started oozing all colors and still is, I dont know what to do im sure leaving it overnight like that cant be good. Someone please help, the company I bought it from is closed until Monday and this seems like a very serious issue for my new printer. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I just recently purchases a refurbished T Jet. I just started using it today, my first print printed out ON TO the platen and the board a little bit in the front, is that an alignment problem? My 2nd print was even worse, it was light red where it should have been black and alot of other color variations and again it was printing a little onto the strip on the platen that holds the shirt. All these designs also had some sort of dots in the graphic. After each attempt I did the nozzle check and head clean, but nothing, the third time the print head started oozing all colors and still is, I dont know what to do im sure leaving it overnight like that cant be good. Someone please help, the company I bought it from is closed until Monday and this seems like a very serious issue for my new printer. Thank you.

Sounds like your ink shelf is set too high. I will have one of our Support Department technicians contact you Monday morning to get you set properly.

Harry
_

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts
Someone please help, the company I bought it from is closed until Monday

I will have one of our Support Department technicians contact you Monday morning to get you set properly.
I think he is contacting the forum members for this very reason, so he doesn't have to wait until Monday.....

If it's a shelf height issue, can you take a picture of your setup and post it so we can see where it is in relation to your print head?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
my first print printed out ON TO the platen and the board a little bit in the front, is that an alignment problem?
What software are you using? If your using fastartist/fastrip you want to make sure and have the proper board template selected so that you can place the image exactly where you want it.

My 2nd print was even worse, it was light red where it should have been black and alot of other color variations and again it was printing a little onto the strip on the platen that holds the shirt. All these designs also had some sort of dots in the graphic. After each attempt I did the nozzle check and head clean, but nothing, the third time the print head started oozing all colors and still is, I dont know what to do im sure leaving it overnight like that cant be good.
You want to make sure all of your ink levels are filled to the same height. Then adjust your tray where the top of the ink level is even with the bottom of the printhead itself. Run a head cleaning after doing this and try a nozzle check again. If the ink levels are to high above the print head then ink will drip out from the head. Do you have the manual handy? You want to make sure your doing the nozzle check correctly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys, Harry from Equipment zone called me and had me Lower the shelf, run cleaning solution, and it seems fine so far. The main issue im having still is it prints very different from what I have in Photoshop, Fast Rip is almost useless to me without Fast Artist, I wonder if there is a free rip program I can download that wont mess up the photoshop colors? And no it wasnt sitting with ink, I picked it up about 10 days ago from Equipment Zone and they flushed it with solution before I took it. I just got the heat press so I started printing 2 nights ago, and I have been *awake* since most of that time trying to get a decent print. I know these issues are to be expected with new DTG users such as myself, but I wish I could get a better RIP program. Also the printer starts printing way too high usually getting ink on the platen itself, but this issue I think I got under control by lowering the picture in the file by 3 inches or more, I just wish I didnt have to do that. But anyways Im going to find out more tommorow when Equipment Zone calls to walk me through my problems. If anyone knows any information about how to duplicate EXACT copies from photoshop to Fast Artist or if anyone knows of a FREE RIP program, I would appreciate it. Thanks again everyone, and thanks Harry for taking time on your day off to call me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE : Equipment Zone tech took less than 10 minutes to figure out what was wrong with my printer settings, he direct connected to my computer, fixed it all up, I have only had the time to print 5 shirts since, only white shirts right now, and they all came out perfect except one where the printer stop short of finishing the image, I wonder what that was about? I'll call them again, but for the most part they took care of my problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.