T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like your board is bad. I did the same thing but luckily it was only the ribbon. If you have technical questions american screen supply is your best bet. They have helped me tremendously. Print heads are only 350 instead of 395 at equipment zone. Here is the link check it out it may save you a lot of money and time. American Screen Supply - Best Prices on Inkjet Film and DTG Products!

Thanks thewoz

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
It would not hurt to call and ask if they have a board laying around they could sell. Or maybe they know someone who does. Fred is very knowledgable and will only help you in every way he can. Give him a call I posted a link above to get in contact with him. Your next bet is to call equipment zone but be prepared for high prices. just my two cents.

Thanks thewoz

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Fred is very knowledgable and will only help you in every way he can.
I agree, Fred is a very good friend of mine from the same hometown. Back when he was screen printing locally, I sold shirts for him. But we became very close friends. He moved out to Arizona just before the TJet was just getting off the ground. If he has a C-Board, it will be news to me. I still talk with him and work together on things. This is the only reason why I said what I did.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Jared just trying to give the dude a starting point if it has not been addressed. If Fred does not have a board he may know someone who does, is my point. :) No dogmatism here just trying to help. :D

Thanks thewoz

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
No problems here. I've been looking for a C-Board as well and there are only 2 companies that I know of that was working on them. Equipment Zone and Belquette, and neither of them have any at this time, as far as I know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This Forum is great, but I, sitting in Africa still have a T-Jet3 that will end up on the dumps as locally we have no support... and Equipment Zone requires us to pay for help, which becomes expensive due to our currency and the vast distances.... any one interested in making me a offer for my machine... virtually new as hardly used...

Ziggy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ziggy, that is terrible. I had alot of troubles with my t-3 but got it fixed and it's been printing great. I'd be happy to offer you any help that I can. I received a newsletter from Hirsch the other day, man I'd love to post my response so you guys could see. They claim absolutely no responsibility to any US Screen products even though everyone knows they were 80% share holders since last August. Not trying to revive that haunting reminder but it's funny how they try to slide back into the scene after everyone kinda forgot. I didn't, I fixed my machine myself. Cost me nearly $1000 and was supposed to be under warranty. Oh well, live and learn. I am a better person and more knowledgeable tjet person because of it so if I can lend any tjet 3 info to anyone I'd be happy to.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a fuse blow due to cleaning solution that got through to the ribbon cable shorting out the fuse and frying the ribbon cable, the print head was already clogging. I guess I kinda lied about the $1000. I had replaced the print head, ribbon cables and replaced the fuse(approx $400) but during that episode I also purchased all new ink and cleaning cartridges which added to the cost but weren't necessary for the repair but were necessary to get me back up and running. Alot of the problems were partially my fault for not being familiar with the machine when it was new but alot of what I've learned about maintaining this machine was not in any of the publications provided so I won't assume all the blame. I would like to know what Ziggy's problems are and see if we can't help him on here.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ill be honest. I have a tjet 3. Its not worth $1000 in my opinion. But it is what it is.
Its been sitting here dormant because of a stupid error light. I tried to call Equipment zone several times and there tech support just didnt know. And most recently they started charging for tech support. Not worth it in my eyes for something they cant fix. Not to mention I think that their prices have jumped since they think they have the market cornered now that usspit has gone under.
BUt thats what business is all about right?
Now I did find a tech in Arizona that worked me through my problem in about 5 minutes time.
Karl Steele. I told him our problem (ink and error when bed loads) and he said its the 4 crews on the back of the load screw. I loosened them up and it works. pretty simple.
Yet Equip zone couldnt figure this out after several calls. Their answer was for $100 an hour, we'll send a tech to you. (6 hours each way....plus onsite time...you do the math).
So now I suggest that if you do have one of these clunkers...call the below tech:
Karl Steele
Steeletec LLC
4141 E. Raymond St. STE G2
Phoenix, AZ 85040
(480) 760-3882
[email protected]
http://www.steeletec.com/

Also his connection with parts are alot cheaper than equipment zone.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If it's worth it to anyone I am starting to talk to my lawyers and the U.S. Attorney general this week so hit me up if you want to be on the class action lawsuit. I need to gather names, contact info and your problems. I am going to get everything going soon. This problem has effected my business, livelihood and future. Please contact me by visiting my website and clicking on the contact us link then submit your info so I can get back to you. Hirsch left us with NO tech support whatsoever. They knew exactly what they were getting into when they bought the company. I'm really upset and I have the time to invest in this project so if anyone wants in let me know.
-Creek

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, I am feeling super fed up, cant get a nice coat of white for a underbase, then when I think I got it the machine errors, so am i just doing it wrong, I want one underbase and two coats color, so wouldnt I press 3 for that many passes? I cant get help from the company I purchased this from. Tired of losing money. Can anyone help me out, with only 3 hours of total training from the company ( life time my @@@) I will take anyones advice. Email if you like [email protected] Nancy.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Have you ever got a good white??? If so then degraded it could be several things. Printhead clog, clogged or restricted tubes, you still using dampers or carts. Bulk system original or modified or new. clogged breather port in the ink bottles, waste line restricted. I actually have to back my white off a bit it puts down to much.
Which software you using???
More info where did you buy it from??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you ever got a good white??? If so then degraded it could be several things. Printhead clog, clogged or restricted tubes, you still using dampers or carts. Bulk system original or modified or new. clogged breather port in the ink bottles, waste line restricted. I actually have to back my white off a bit it puts down to much.
Which software you using???
More info where did you buy it from??
No I never have had a good white...
The machine is a reconditioned one, suppose to have a new head in it.Its a Tjet Express. It came with Fast artist, making art in Corel14, transfer to Corel Paint then to Fastartist. I bought it at IMG, they sent a tech, he said black was clogged, he fixed it, but said to run it using high ink output till clog works through. I made arrangments to take the machine back down there,but I run a sports store and I cant get the time, they never called me back to see why I hadnt came to visit them. Dont think they are interested in helping me with this used machine. And it keeps blowing a fuse after about 40 prints on white ts of course the fuse blows,got this machine May like around the 24th 2010 and have replaced 5 times the fuse.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
There was a tjet blazer express is that it. You might want to call carl steele at steeltec
He can also be reached thru american screen supply in phoenix. I dont have the number on me. On the road sorry.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts