T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
the drips of ink could be from the ink being too high or too full, it could also stem from your capping station not being clean or working properly. the underbase issue has to do with the program not the machine. For the colors with underbase I would print a test shirt with a color chart on it, this has helped me match colors many times. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I print a pantone color chart (this is a good one [media]http://www.pagetutor.com/common/bgcolors1536.png[/media] ) on a shirt and when I am doing a design I look at the colors on the shirt and use that color code, it might not look right on my monitor but it ends up what I want on the shirt.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I do all my work in photoshop or illustrator then take it to FastArtist (even though the art never looks right in it), then import it to Fastrip. I have never tried to do it through photoshop and if I am doing darks I use the underbase wizard in FastArtist.

·
Registered
535 Posts
you can save the file I linked to then to get the chart into fastartist click on "File" and in the drop down menu click "import" find the file and click ok (Davids was is easier and might work better). I use underbase on any shirt that has a lighter print than the shirt color for example if I wanted to print a light blue on a red shirt then I would put an underbase down. Davids was is easier and might work better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.