T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need some help. I bought a t-jet 3 plus about a month ago and since then I have not had a job yet that I didnt have issues with. The colors dont translate right from the computer to the printer (with underbase), the alignment with underbase is generally 1/4" off, the printer prints farthur to the left of the shirt even though it is centered when it goes to FastRip and last but not least it drips ink on at least every other shirt i print. Any help with this?

·
Registered
535 Posts
the drips of ink could be from the ink being too high or too full, it could also stem from your capping station not being clean or working properly. the underbase issue has to do with the program not the machine. For the colors with underbase I would print a test shirt with a color chart on it, this has helped me match colors many times. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the drips of ink could be from the ink being too high or too full, it could also stem from your capping station not being clean or working properly. the underbase issue has to do with the program not the machine. For the colors with underbase I would print a test shirt with a color chart on it, this has helped me match colors many times. Hope that helps.
This might be a dumb question but what do you mean a color chart? I import from photoshop into Fast Artist. How do I go about printing a color chart?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I print a pantone color chart (this is a good one [media]http://www.pagetutor.com/common/bgcolors1536.png[/media] ) on a shirt and when I am doing a design I look at the colors on the shirt and use that color code, it might not look right on my monitor but it ends up what I want on the shirt.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I do all my work in photoshop or illustrator then take it to FastArtist (even though the art never looks right in it), then import it to Fastrip. I have never tried to do it through photoshop and if I am doing darks I use the underbase wizard in FastArtist.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So how do I get the color chart into FastArtist? I do all my work in photoshop and illustrator as well and then import into fastartist. Is there a chart in photoshop that I can import, or do I need to just download one off the net? Do you just use underbase on a dark shirt or would you use it on a red or carolina blue shirt? I have two projects coming up and if you can't tell I am a little new at this DTG technology, would I use underbase with those color shirts?

·
Registered
535 Posts
you can save the file I linked to then to get the chart into fastartist click on "File" and in the drop down menu click "import" find the file and click ok (Davids was is easier and might work better). I use underbase on any shirt that has a lighter print than the shirt color for example if I wanted to print a light blue on a red shirt then I would put an underbase down. Davids was is easier and might work better

·
Registered
533 Posts
You can also mak a swatch fro any palette you load in FastARTIST, for example you could load up the Pantone palette and then create a swatch of all the Pantone colours.
To do this click on th three ... icon in the shop palette and this will bring up the palette menu, use the load to load the Pantone palette (its in the palette folder in Pantone library).
Once its loaded, click again on the ... and select create palette swatch.

Best regards

-David

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a T-jet 3 and like most of the people in this forum I have not got the perfect T-shirt yet. With the cost of these machines the expense of the parts (i,e print heads $400.00)and the learning curve for this product that I feel wasn't quite ready for release to the general public there should be somthing done as far as offering more extensive training videos. on site training and a discount for parts. These are not your average hobby type printers. I feel these issues have to be addressed to US screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You might as well forget about getting the correct training through US Screen. Do not order you print heads through them either. Go to Nation Parts phone # 800-524-8338, they sell them for $304. When my TJet 3 was sent to me they did not include the right cleaning cartridges, and a year later I'm still trying to get them. I am ready to sell mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts