T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone purchase a font from synergy 17 they have great fonts but i have no idea how to use them. im talking about the typeable fonts
when i trype it in my program it is not sized correctly and i need to size it to use ss10 stones any help would be apreciated

· Registered
2,224 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
Type what you want
Highlight whole word
Click Break Path
Click on one circle and in the top tool bar you will see the dimensions of the circle
Highlight whole word again
Place cursor in upper left corner of the box surrounding the word and stretch the whole box..
Click on one circle and check dimensions...
keep doing this until you have the size circle you need.

· Registered
2,125 Posts
Hi Manny,

What program are you using?

What fonts are you struggling with?

For ss10 stones, I make sure that my diameter is .127" for the circles. Each font is predesigned to be a certain height for use with ss10 stones.

Basically Paula above me laid out how we size the text to ensure the correct stone size.

· Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Type what you want
Highlight whole word
Click Break Path
Click on one circle and in the top tool bar you will see the dimensions of the circle
Highlight whole word again
Place cursor in upper left corner of the box surrounding the word and stretch the whole box..
Click on one circle and check dimensions...
keep doing this until you have the size circle you need.

THANKS I WILL TRYT THIS

i am using corel draw and ss10 stones so .127 is what i should go for?

· Registered
850 Posts
THANKS I WILL TRYT THIS

i am using corel draw and ss10 stones so .127 is what i should go for?
IN the video linked to above it shows exactly how to easily do it without guessing in CorelDRAW

Here is the link again...

Using TTF Rhinestone Fonts in CorelDRAW - YouTube

That said .127 that Stephanie uses is not "THE" hole size... What you really should do is determine what hole size works best for the stones you are using... Any font could be used for ss6 or ss10 stones and each will have their own hole size... I've even seen different holes sizes depending on the template material being used...

I personally use .13 for my hole size or 3.3mm...

Kevin

· Registered
339 Posts
Hi Manny,

Here is a link to a document that may help you out. You can jump to page 4 since the first few pages relate to installing the fonts in OOBling. It gives you the basic idea of resizing the font to achieve the rhinestone size you need. In Corel, it should be the same process, except for the part where it says to "replace with rhinestones."

http://www.synergy17.com/downloads/tutorials/oobling/OOBlingProTutorialS17Fonts.pdf

If you still have questions, please ask. You can email or call anytime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.