T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am using Epson f2130/f2100 for the past 6 months and using default inks.
But due to smaller margins, we have to use economical ink and found 2 option Dupont and Red Giant

After researching going with Dupont and want to know how to switch OLD white Inks With New brand.

Do I need to Flush white ink?
Do I need to have an extra cleaning cartridge to flush white inks?

Thanks

@TABOB you may know this .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@TABOB Do I need to Flush all the inks even though I am just replacing White Ink Brand?

The easiest option is to put the printer in storage mode and then refill it with the ink you want.

Thanks, What benefit does it have instead of just flushing inks

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Do I need to Flush all the inks even though I am just replacing White Ink Brand?
It that case just flush the the white.
I did actually use Dupont white with the remaining Epson CMYK in my printer years ago, because I didn't want to waste it.
For a permanent swap however, I'd replace all the colors just to be on the safe side.
The inks do get mixed on the nozzle plate and in the head cleaning station.
This could potentially cause clogging issues, especially when the printer remains inactive for a few days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can the DuPont flushing solution ... It's basically just distilled water with preservatives.
Thanks, Sorry for troubling you so much but I can't find how to use flushing solution as I cannot find empty cleaning cartridges or chips anywhere in Alibaba/express

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Thanks, Sorry for troubling you so much but I can't find how to use flushing solution as I cannot find empty cleaning cartridges or chips anywhere in Alibaba/express
I don't know this unfortunately.
I used Epson cleaning carts for flushing the white ink. They are just $40 for a pair ($20 per 700ml) and the Dupont is around $20 per liter, so the difference is very small.

I then used the standard refillable carts and chips for the CMYK colors, but filled them with flushing solution and kept printing to finish the ink in the tubes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts