T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am using Epson f2130/f2100 for the past 6 months and using default inks.
But due to smaller margins, we have to use economical ink and found 2 option Dupont and Red Giant

After researching going with Dupont and want to know how to switch OLD white Inks With New brand.

Do I need to Flush white ink?
Do I need to have an extra cleaning cartridge to flush white inks?

Thanks

@TABOB you may know this .

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@TABOB Do I need to Flush all the inks even though I am just replacing White Ink Brand?

The easiest option is to put the printer in storage mode and then refill it with the ink you want.

Thanks, What benefit does it have instead of just flushing inks

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Do I need to Flush all the inks even though I am just replacing White Ink Brand?
It that case just flush the the white.
I did actually use Dupont white with the remaining Epson CMYK in my printer years ago, because I didn't want to waste it.
For a permanent swap however, I'd replace all the colors just to be on the safe side.
The inks do get mixed on the nozzle plate and in the head cleaning station.
This could potentially cause clogging issues, especially when the printer remains inactive for a few days.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Thanks, Sorry for troubling you so much but I can't find how to use flushing solution as I cannot find empty cleaning cartridges or chips anywhere in Alibaba/express
I don't know this unfortunately.
I used Epson cleaning carts for flushing the white ink. They are just $40 for a pair ($20 per 700ml) and the Dupont is around $20 per liter, so the difference is very small.

I then used the standard refillable carts and chips for the CMYK colors, but filled them with flushing solution and kept printing to finish the ink in the tubes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi @TABOB ,

Having a problem with white ink wastage after installing Dupont. Before I had to do a light clean every day before starting the job which is like 2-3 ml of ink and now with dupont I have to do a medium clean or 4 light cleans to get the nozzle check correct.

i have been doing a good head cap cleaning and it looks perfect to me,and also using a syringe to pull white stuff from 2 holes in the head cap assembly

With the amount of ink wastage I am unable to get any benefit.Any help or tips I can do ?

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Having a problem with white ink wastage after installing Dupont. Before I had to do a light clean every day before starting the job which is like 2-3 ml of ink and now with dupont I have to do a medium clean or 4 light cleans to get the nozzle check correct.
This wouldn't bother me because I print a lot of shirts, but I did not notice any such difference.
Is your printer in a climate controlled environment?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The problem is I print around 20 shirts a day and the medium clean takes enough ink that I use for the print that day.
The humidity level stays around 35 to 40 % and I use air-condition to keep Temprature to 24 Celcius .

Also, Someone locally suggested me to dilute white ink with Dupont cleaning solution, what do you think about it ?

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
The humidity level stays around 35 to 40 % and I use air-condition to keep Temprature to 24 Celcius .
The temperature is good, but the low humidity may be a contributing issue.

Also, Someone locally suggested me to dilute white ink with Dupont cleaning solution, what do you think about it ?
Thinning it a little bit with Dupont flushing solution is OK, but which Dupont ink are you using?
You may be able to simply buy a lower viscosity ink.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The temperature is good, but the low humidity may be a contributing issue.

Thinning it a little bit with Dupont flushing solution is OK, but which Dupont ink are you using?
You may be able to simply buy a lower viscosity ink.
\

I am using p5000 series ink, India will be into the rainy season so humidity will be increasing to 60 % in coming 15 days

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I am using p5000 series ink, India will be into the rainy season so humidity will be increasing to 60 % in coming 15 days
This is very thin ink already, so I'm not sure thinning it further will help... It may actually be worse.
Test it under 60% humidity and see what happens. If the issue does goes away get a humidifier for controlling the humidity.

Anyway, I'm not sure switching inks is worth it for such a low ink use per shirt.
In my case the difference per print was substantial, £3.50 with epson ink vs £1.50 with DuPont, including wastage for cleaning cycles.
I print a lot of shirts and mostly large areas.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Do you notice a difference in quality / durability depending on what kind of ink you use? If so, which do you think produces the best image with the epson f2100? Was wondering if anyone has tried it with the gamut plus, dupont or kodak ink? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you notice a difference in quality / durability depending on what kind of ink you use? If so, which do you think produces the best image with the epson f2100? Was wondering if anyone has tried it with the gamut plus, dupont or kodak ink? Thanks for the info.
Hi, there is a definite change in print quality btw Epson and DuPont inks,its hard to explain but DuPont ink are more smooth to touch but can see visible cracks on level 2 printing. Can only really compare when we are using all Dupont inks + pretreatment.

I have not yet printed a single level 5/6 shirt since I started as the market I am situated in don't allow such.

I am currently just using white inks from dupont and rest from epson

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I am currently just using white inks from dupont and rest from epson
Aha! This is obviously the problem, and I've already told you about it.
For a permanent swap however, I'd replace all the colors just to be on the safe side.
The inks do get mixed on the nozzle plate and in the head cleaning station.
This could potentially cause clogging issues, especially when the printer remains inactive for a few days.

All the known brands work well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aha! This is obviously the problem, and I've already told you about it.
yes completely missed the point. My supplier didn't have cmyk in stock and need 2 months prior notice (probably he imports from china or Brazil) because he had no demand for these 5000 series inks.

Orderd and hopefully will receive it soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.