T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have 2 SWF/B T1201 embroidery machines. One of them has a bad "Start" button.
I tried replacing the panel with one bought online but some functions didn't work. Is there a way to fix the "Start" button?
I'd like some advice on this issue.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Welcome, you have kind of placed this in the wrong place but here is an idea.

The panel is just a membrane. Hopefully behind it is an actual button. Even if it is part of the membrane you can possibly repair it or take the front of the cover off the one you purchased and put the new one on. That is where I would start. It looks really old. You might want to contact SWF and see if they have parts for it or if they have a suggestion to repair it. Contact - Stitch It International

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try repairing the switch.
On Stitch It website they mention that the membrane is sold out. I sent an inquiry and I am waiting for an answer.
Do you have other suggestions for resellers of spare parts?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Is there a way to fix the "Start" button?
Looks like it's just a membrane covering mechanical buttons like the ones bellow
1623167231992.png
On Stitch It website they mention that the membrane is sold out.
If the above is correct, then the membrane is easy to make and you could also re-use the existing one.
These are just just a printed film with double sided 3M adhesive.
Embossing the buttons can be done with a heat gun and a basic DIY vacuum pump (thermoforming process).

The newer type panels with build-in switches are also repairable sometimes, but not as easy because you have to de-laminate them and it gets messy.
These may have metal dome switches (photo bellow), others have silicone dome switches, and others just membrane switches.
1623171610949.png
Making new ones is basically easier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it's just a membrane covering mechanical buttons like the ones bellow
View attachment 273398

If the above is correct, then the membrane is easy to make and you could also re-use the existing one.
These are just just a printed film with double sided 3M adhesive.
Embossing the buttons can be done with a heat gun and a basic DIY vacuum pump (thermoforming process).

The newer type panels with build-in switches are also repairable sometimes, but not as easy because you have to de-laminate them and it gets messy.
These may have metal dome switches (photo bellow), others have silicone dome switches, and others just membrane switches.
View attachment 273402
Making new ones is basically easier.
Thanks TABOB,
Actually the back of the panel looks like the attached photo

Attachments

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Thanks TABOB,
Actually the back of the panel looks like the attached photo
That's not so good... It's the membrane type.
The easy option would be to rewire an external start button and leave it as it is.
Another option would be to de-laminate the layers and repair the damage.
The membranes are just polyester sheets printed with conductive ink. Not rocket science, so you could try taking it apart and repair the damage.
You could also make a brand new one.
Here is an example.... Not exactly the same type but I'm sure you get the idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not so good... It's the membrane type.
The easy option would be to rewire an external start button and leave it as it is.
Another option would be to de-laminate the layers and repair the damage.
The membranes are just polyester sheets printed with conductive ink. Not rocket science, so you could try taking it apart and repair the damage.
You could also make a brand new one.
Here is an example.... Not exactly the same type but I'm sure you get the idea.
Thanks TABOB for your suggestion. It really helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts