T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I decided to try out the SCAL5 with my new Jaquar V LX using print and cut and surprised to see the results. It's way, way off, compared to Great Cut 4 which is 100% accurate. Are there certain settings I need to set? As you can see, it cuts above the jog marks, Great Cut is perfect. It's so weird. I don't really plan to use SCAL 5, I use Corel Draw, Illustrator and Great Cut, but just thought I'd try this out since use can use GCC cutters with this software, but now I just want to figure this out and correct the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks so much,
Maddie
IMG_3068.jpg IMG_3076.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'll give up. Just wanted to find out why it's doing this and try to correct it and make it right. I thought maybe because I adjusted the jog marks to be closer the object thru Great Cut, so I put all the adjustments back to the original factory settings. I even went to the Jaquar V's printing preference in the control panel and ticked the Die Cut option and AAS option just to see. Still a no go. So if I use SCAL, I'll just export the SVG and cut from Great Cut. I just wonder if anyone else has this problem. If GCC says you can use SCAL, it should work, don't you think?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Did you print using the 'Print' button on the Print and Cut dialogue shown in your above image, or had you already printed the design before opening the Print and Cut dialogue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I printed using the print button. I've done it so many times. Last night I just printed a circle, and it cut way off the jog marks. It reads the jog marks fine, it just won't cut the object within the marks. Like I said, so weird!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
i think it sounds like you are using the registration marks from great cut and asking scal to use those?

click that option on the right-hand side that says 'show registration marks' and see what happens

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I submitted a ticket to GCC Support. They replied:
We are still waiting for an update from craftedge. They are the developers of SCAL and they are working on a new update for SCAL and AAS. If anyone is interested. Thanks for all your replies!😊

1 - 13 of 13 Posts