T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Equipment Zone is good example oF takeing advantage oF a bad situation.
You've got a one company (US Screen) that went belly up because of a machines that were unreliable and full of glitches that should have been resolved before they took everybodys money and went BK.
Then another company (Equipment Zone)that took them over and now probably makes more money on charging $90 per hour( for support on a machine that
was doomed for failure right out of the gate)then the sales on the machine itself.
Talk about exploitation.
These same customers who have spent there last savings on a machine( that should have been either refined and perfected more before production ,or agreed to some sort of extensive disclaimer "use at your own risk"
and" must be have an additional capital reserve spend on troubleshooting these machines".) are now being charged $90 per
hour to resolve everyday issues.Insult to injury.
Man Up and back up your product.Even if it wasnt bought from you it still is your name on those machines HARRY.
No you cant afford to pay your help everytime someone calls in for free, but $90 an hour....Really!
How much do you pay your help..maybe $15 or $20 per hour.How about first 15min free and ay $60 per hour.Have some mercy on those that put you in business in the first place.
If thats not taking advantage of a bad situation then I dont know what is.
There are even other sites that offer free support as long as you are purchasing someting from them.
You have a whole web page devoted to support $ pakages to purchase.....
but you can get unlimited support if you buy a REFURBISHED machine for $9000.
Ive used your spport and for those that dont know you dont get instant support.They call you back at there convenience and dispatch there $15.oo helpers that are the real heroes.
I really questions those "kudos to EZ posts"
Yea they help alright ....for either $9 an hour or $9000 ............Take your pick
Thank God for these forums,
You get a quicker reponse and its free!
Im sorry ,once in awhile you will see some help from Harry or the EZ squad to help us out when they can.
Wow.. arent we the lucky ones.:eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have bought multiple machines from Harry since 2005 and never had any issues with service or getting parts needed. Keep up the good work.
Listen Harry, lol
As long as you bought your machine from EZ
your fine.
Those of us that didnt have to pay $90/hr to get support from a machine that they represent....
Thats just wrong.
For that reason I wont get my parts for my new machine from EZ because of their greediness.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Re:

Then another company (Equipment Zone)that took them over
Marc,

Equipment Zone never took over US Screen. When US Screen was in business we sold their equipment as a dealer. We also set up our own support and service departments to help our customers. When US Screen closed we expanded our support and service divisions to help out people who did not purchase their equipment from us. However the T-Jet brand was not purchased or owned by us.

Over the years we developed many major exclusive upgrades for the printers which changed their performance and reliability dramatically. Because of that we were able to sell refurbished printers from us that came with free unlimited technical support from our Support Department. Of course, there are as-is units available from private parties that may cost less then we charged but do not include the upgrades or the refurbishing that we put into our units.

What I do want to underscore is that we do truly care about our customers and about all T-Jet users. We really try to be helpful. That's why we have over 3,000 combined posts on T-Shirt Forums, most of which are giving advice, tips, or answering technical questions.

If you do have any questions on your printer or your software, please let me know and I'd be happy to try and answer them.

-Alex

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"When US Screen closed we expanded our support and service divisions to help out people who did not purchase their equipment from us. However the T-Jet brand was not purchased or owned by us."

How is charging $90 per hour helping out people,
When other sites the sell TJet supplies offer
free support as long as your buying something from them.Granted its not fair to be on the phone with them for an hour but maybe 5 10 minutes seems fair.Yea After I purchased my machine
from someone that got it from you guys (and recommended you for parts and supplies)
I call for a problem (thatwas resolved rather quickly)only after I was told to purchase a minimum
$90 an hour package.
Not a half hour or 15 min which conveniently you dont have but an hour.
To me thats taking advantage knowing good and well any new user will run into problems and questions with this machine.
I think you even charge for E-mail dont you?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Re:

Marc,

With all the printers we sell we offer free unlimited technical support. We generally try and give anyone else calling in 5 to 10 minutes of free support. I receive a few emails and private messages every week with a question on the software, the printer, or general questions, and always make sure to answer them with advice or suggestions. The rest of our staff does the same. We do try to help anyone that we can and are always happy to answer any support questions that are put our way.

Again, if you do have any questions on your printer, the software, or the d-t-g process in general, please contact me.

Alex

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just purchased a Kiosk II from EZ and they have been more than helpful getting me started. From Linda in the office taking orders, to Harry educating me before I made the purchase and their support team when I need troubleshooting, it's been a smooth transition into DTG. I would recommend EZ to anyone.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
@Cocolroo @dazzabling please do not take this thread off track making baseless accusations that a member is a vendor posing in disguise. Just because not everyone has something negative to say doesn't mean that they work for the company. Jamie (@HMD10) has been a long time member of this forum and it's not helpful to anyone to make these kinds of posts in a thread.

How is charging $90 per hour helping out people,
Instead of people having no help, they can now pay to get the help they need to stay profitable with their machines. There's nothing wrong with a business charging for their time.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.