T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a link for the additional supplies needed to go with a heat press that i am getting ready to order? I am a sign shop and already have a plotter and all necessary tools, i think. I am having problems finding info on the teflon sheets and any misc. Supplies. I think i will order a t-square. I don't understand why you need different paper for light or dark shirts. I am sure this has been posted before, any links?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Russ,

Getting into the custom garment industry is quite confusing....

And TSF is a great resource to figure out what is and what is not needed....

If you care to share a bit more what you are looking for, I can say that we would be welcome to help finding what you need.

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm interested to know too, please. I've been doing cut vinyl for a couple of years now, have two cutters, just recently purchased a press, and a 24 inch printer. I have ask some companies for samples, and purchased some sample packs, and it's all still pretty confusing. Some heat press vinyl has it's own carrier sheet, I take it that takes the place of transfer tape on regular vinyl application??? Some doesn't, what kind of transfer medium/tape, would one use for heat pressing? Is JetPro soft stretch just for printing, and or print/cut? Just trying to get some of this figured out, so I can make an informed purchase of materials. From me, and the other beginners, THANKS, for all ya'lls help!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Most HT vinyls/films come in two types:
1. W/ an adhesive backing, which makes it much easier to weed and fix some accidental mistakes, such as pulling the dot off an i.
2. W/O an adhesive backing, advantage - usually a little cheaper...other then that, we have not found any additional benefit, but there may be some from an end-user perspective.

But, you are correct, unlike sign making vinyl, you would cut the HT vinyl mirrored, then weed, then transfer...using the backing as the transfer tape. Of course, each MFG has a little different instructions as far as time/temp/pressure and when to peel, but most are cold peel.

As far as JPSS, it is for InkJet Printing, and we have had some Mimaki cutters tell us they have been able to cut straight through the paper for weeding purposes, but we have not tested this method...but we do plan on seeing what results this presents.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts