T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tRYING TO GET UP AND RUNNING WITH THE USE OF PLASTISOL INKS IN MY SCREEN PRINTING, BUT SUPPLIER IS GOING OUT OF THIS INK. wHY IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THESE INKS, SHOULD I BE USING A DIFFERENT TYPE. I THOUGHT THEY WERE PRITTY GOOD ENVIRONMENTALLY. wILL NO BE DOING LARGE ORDERS MAINLY SMALL ONES, AS I CURRENTLY USE HEAT SET NYLON WITH PLOTTER FOR ON OFFS. wAS ALSO WONDERING SHOULD I GET A MONOGRAMMER, DOES ANYONE FIND THAT IT IS A GOOD ITEM TO HAVE ON BOARD.:confused:

·
Registered
557 Posts
If your doing small runs then waterbased is fine.

I thought Australian Screenprinting Supplies were based in WA? Surely they would be stocking plastisol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a go using emulsion on screen the other day, what a sticky afair that turned outr to be. Found it difficult to get enough emulsion in the carrier trough to coat the whole screen then, found out later that the emulsion pools into droplets when drying if too thick a coat is on the screen limiting the amount of area suitable for image developing. Is there a trick to applying the emulsion or should I just try again when I have my new carrier I have already ordered arrives. The sreen I did expose had a good image and the plastisol was good to use. What is the best way to research into water base inks, are they better environmentally? Is clean up easier? Is the screen good to hold for reprints later.
Rodwin WA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts