T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I'm ironing on a red S over a yellow shield shaped background for this big guy I know who's not from around here. The fabric is lycra. The vinyl is Siser Easy Stretch. Yellow went on just fine. I did the red over the yellow and it looks...meh... wrinkly, shiny in a few spots, and a slight bubbly. Not too noticeable from afar, but up close... those villains are gonna have a bit of a laugh over this... And I owe this big guy a favor, so, I don't want to let him down.

Is there something that can be done with slight wrinkles/bubbles on a second layer of Siser Easy Stretch Vinyl on Lycra? I tried a repress... nogo. Should I apply another layer of red over this red, or will that just make it worse? Is there a type of paint I can paint over it to sort of cover it? Any creative ideas to make the big guy more threatening to the forces of evil threatening Metropolis?

Any ideas would be helpful!

PS. I used parchment paper over the vinyl, an iron heated to about 300, pressed for 15 seconds once and maybe a few times after to see if I can get rid of the bubbly, but it didn't seem to make a difference. There's also some corners slightly peely.

Thank you,
Corey Piazza

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
never tried it,
but technically it should work

maybe give a point by point procedure you are using,
then someone might have an aha moment and point out the procedural error

i would first suggest not layering, do a slightly larger cutout of the 's' on your shield
(there will be some shrinkage on your initial press)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
you really should get a heat press,
because your pressure/time/temp is just a guess (3 very important variables)

but barring that,
you can do as i mentioned above then tack (just enough to get it to adhere) your first layer (the shield), peel
and then cover with parchment paper, tack your second layer (the s) peel,
recover with the parchment and then do your all over press/iron

·
Registered
321 Posts
So, I'm ironing on a red S over a yellow shield shaped background for this big guy I know who's not from around here. The fabric is lycra. The vinyl is Siser Easy Stretch. Yellow went on just fine. I did the red over the yellow and it looks...meh... wrinkly, shiny in a few spots, and a slight bubbly. Not too noticeable from afar, but up close... those villains are gonna have a bit of a laugh over this... And I owe this big guy a favor, so, I don't want to let him down.

Is there something that can be done with slight wrinkles/bubbles on a second layer of Siser Easy Stretch Vinyl on Lycra? I tried a repress... nogo. Should I apply another layer of red over this red, or will that just make it worse? Is there a type of paint I can paint over it to sort of cover it? Any creative ideas to make the big guy more threatening to the forces of evil threatening Metropolis?

Any ideas would be helpful!

PS. I used parchment paper over the vinyl, an iron heated to about 300, pressed for 15 seconds once and maybe a few times after to see if I can get rid of the bubbly, but it didn't seem to make a difference. There's also some corners slightly peely.

Thank you,
Corey Piazza
I would love to see how this would look using the Forever Flex Soft Yellow and Red.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.