T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to create designs on higher quality , super soft , minimum shrink and of course charge a premium. Maybe an example of a super soft shirt that lasts and doesn’t shirt much would be “ Life is good “ shirts. I’m going to order a bunch of samples from AB but I figured you guys could narrow my search

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Read the specs for the shirts. You want to see high thread counts and ring spun cotton. Examples would be Next Level Apparel 3600, Bella+Canvas 3001, American Apparel 2001. If you want a heavier weight shirt you have to give up a little bit of "soft" as those will be a coarser weave even if using high quality ring spun cotton. Examples include Hanes Beefy-T and Gildan Hammer.

Natural fibers like cotton shrink. It seems most brands claim to "preshrink" their cotton, but YMMV, as some seem to shrink more than others. Perhaps it is the quality of the cotton or the nature of the weave/knit that they use.

A cotton/poly blend also reduces shrinkage, but it changes the feel of the shirt. The more poly the "slinkier" and thinner the garment feels. Some people like Tri-Blends, which are typically along the lines of: 50% Poly, 25% ring spun cotton, 25% Rayon. Some people don't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.