T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the situation is this -

I have a current vendor agreement - but looking to see what this would cost to do in-house.

We are starting from scratch. We currently have black shirts, and hoodies as well as white mugs - the vendor is using DTG and sublimation.

I am looking at the OKI printers -

textile transfer white Pro8432WT
led light production C942dn

I have been told by different people - that each are the right answer...

that they print on transfer paper that will look great on black, white, cotton, blends, mugs, etc.

I am really at a loss at the overwhelming amount of info out there.

We aren't doing A LOT of merch - maybe 50-100 items a month right now.

Very curious to hear what you think - I don't even truly understand the difference between these printers. Or if they are even the right answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off thanks for the response - but I believe there's more to it than that.

Something to do w LED vs White Toner.

As well as something to do with the order of the inks.

I am also trying to find out what the FEEL is like - and how it holds up in wash.

I realize sublimation probably isn't for me. DTG I believe is cool - but a crazy investment - and you'd still need a sublimation printer if you wanted to do anything other than cotton garments.

I think these OKI's are the answer.. but I am not 100% sure.

It's really tricky finding information - plus I know a lot of people get set in their ways and cannot accept new things - so they poop on new technology if it's different.

The search continues. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.