T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I never got to posting this, but, I got a sunIE 15 x 15 clamshell press a couple of months ago, and the temperature changes. I'll set it to 375, and it'll get to that, but then it'll go down to as low as 367, and as high as 378. I know this little change in temperature probably won't affect the result of the shirt, because I get great results with JPSS. I was just wondering whether this was normal, or whether my press is defective.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Just a guess on my part but the temp controller in the SunIE presses is well documented here as having issues, in fact Pro Word sells the same press with a redesigned temp controller that is suppose to be a very good entry level press without the big fluctuation, as you said it really isn't a big problem but it is something you should keep a eye on and check periodically to make sure the spread isn't getting wider.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I'm just glad to know that my press isn't defective. And in the time i've had the press, the range hasn't changed, but if it does, i'll contact sunIE.

·
Registered
996 Posts
With any thermostat ( ie your house), there is an offset. This is the difference between when the heat cycles on and off. Sometimes you can change this like in your digital house thermostat. Not sure if there are any heat presses that allow you to do this. The range on my DK-20 is about 7 degrees. I set my DK-20 about 5 degrees higher because of this. Works for me. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yes it's really not a big problem. Mines use to fluctuate + - 9 degrees and still works good. I use a mighty now and the sunie as a back up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it also normal that the my upper platen is really hot, on the outside? Obviously the part that is in contact with the paper and shirt is hot, but the top of it, where the handle and pressure adjustment knob is.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, my handle doesn't get hot, I was just trying to describe what part of the press gets hot. And does it get hot enough that when you touch it, it hurts/burns you, or gets really uncomfortable?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts