T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am considering two printers/cutters.
The Roland SOLJET PRO III XC-540 (Aprox. $ 30,000) & The Summa DC4 (Aprox. $ 20,000).
Since a lot of you have been in the business, what is the best model in your opinion. If you have tested both what kind of difference did you notice?

Thank you!

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
both companies are okay...I would choose based upon a personal visit/demo and then take the one with the dealer/support closest to me

·
Registered
938 Posts
There's much more to consider here because these printer-cutter-in-one units utilize two different print technologies for creating designs.

The Roland uses an ECO-SOL ink (due to incorporating inkjet printing technology) and the Summa DC4 use ribbon cassettes (due to incorporating Thermal printing technology). Two different animals, both bringing their own pros and cons. It would be beneficial get a demonstration of both and learn the pros and cons of both.

The best place to do that is the SGIA seminar next month in Atlanta GA, if you can attend.

I personally made my very first cutter (only) purchase a Summa D-75R and am very happy with it. Once an upgrade warrants itself, I will look into getting a Summa DC4sx demonstration because I like the pros of a thermal printer. I have also seen many a demo of the Roland products and know their capabilities, pros/cons to compare with before that next purchase is made.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's much more to consider here because these printer-cutter-in-one units utilize two different print technologies for creating designs.

The Roland uses an ECO-SOL ink (due to incorporating inkjet printing technology) and the Summa DC4 use ribbon cassettes (due to incorporating Thermal printing technology). Two different animals, both bringing their own pros and cons. It would be beneficial get a demonstration of both and learn the pros and cons of both.

The best place to do that is the SGIA seminar next month in Atlanta GA, if you can attend.

I personally made my very first cutter (only) purchase a Summa D-75R and am very happy with it. Once an upgrade warrants itself, I will look into getting a Summa DC4sx demonstration because I like the pros of a thermal printer. I have also seen many a demo of the Roland products and know their capabilities, pros/cons to compare with before that next purchase is made.
Thank you for your reply. I found it very informative. Sorry for the late reply.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I got the Roland pro XC-540 111 and it is a tank
Awesome machine and prints are just as good as Epson 7800
It is pretty fast and Ink are good and pretty durable

Summa is different breed of machine and can't do as much than the Roland and I personally think the Roland will be way better investment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts