T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to do lettering on black tees, like white phone numbers or anything like that without using vinyl?

Also what would show on a black tee if I just had a white square with no inside (a hollow square if you like?)

Ive seen a few vidoes of people using transfers onto dark shirts but the design being transferred always seams to be a complete self contained image (e.g. its only got one boarder with all the detail contained inside - not like seperate letters)

·
Registered
163 Posts
On a personal view, i would have to agree with whats been said above, even thoe i use vinyl and Iron on for darks, i would prefear to use vinyl.
Remember that not having a heat press or cutter is a major pain, and so you would probs be better off useing a suppler that does it all for you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Euan if you already have the press and going to buy a cutter, then you can use vinyl and would be a lot better, not to mention the quality will be great and its all about quality for the customers, weather they be family or friends or the public, you want a good name and quality is what gives you that and the customers coming back again and again ;)
Also you dont have to go extra large in way of a cutter, go for a A3 or something ;) but if you do go for larger like a 24" ect then you can also do lots more in way of things like vinyl for cars and vans and so on.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Euan if you already have the press and going to buy a cutter, then you can use vinyl and would be a lot better, not to mention the quality will be great and its all about quality for the customers, weather they be family or friends or the public, you want a good name and quality is what gives you that and the customers coming back again and again ;)
Also you dont have to go extra large in way of a cutter, go for a A3 or something ;) but if you do go for larger like a 24" ect then you can also do lots more in way of things like vinyl for cars and vans and so on.
I second that, very well said TVS.:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks nick, well i have learned from the best here on the site and forum, i myself went through this stage, and now have a few cutters and presses, but went with what the members here with experience said to go, and it was spot on, so its always nice to try offer something back for all that i have received ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a question. TVS mentioned using both methods of doing shirts (vinyl and iron ons) and i was wondering what his results were for the iron ons on dark shirts. I have done iron ons with JPSS on white shirts and they work every well but have never used the paper for dark shirts. I have used the vinyl also and had great results too. My question is this: on JPSS for dark shirts, will letters in light colors (such as pink or light blue) show up well on a blue or dark blue shirt? Like I said, never used the "for darks" paper and was wondering how it would make colors such as pink bright enough to be visible on a dark shirt. With the white shirt you get a white base for the color to use as a backer but with the dark shirt it seems there will be nothing to "brighten" the pink up to make it visible. Any ideas or advice?

thanks
Mark W

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.