T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Can anyone give me a suggestion of some good and affordable screen printers in the Orlando area? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi there, your best bet would be to check out the phone book or do local Google/Yahoo searches for screen printing orlando, fl.

Because there are a lot of different people reading the forums, you don't really know if the person recommending the printer actually works for the printer and is biased, or if they are giving a true recommendation.

If you need someone local, it's probably best to check the local yellowpages and talk to a few printers in your local area and go to their shop to check their quality or ask for references.

·
Registered
93 Posts
VI Baby said:
Hey guys,

Can anyone give me a suggestion of some good and affordable screen printers in the Orlando area? Thanks in advance
I haven't used any yet but I've called a few myself. I can't seem to find one set up to print plastisol transfers yet. If you find one then give me a shout. If I end up finding any decent shops I'll let you know too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Rabid, after much searching I literally stumbled on dowlinggraphics.com (Clearwater, FL) for oversized custom Plastisol. Their minimums are higher (25) and there are screen and film charges. I got half-off for film (April promotion). They printed my Plastisols today so I can't say what the quality is...but they are in the business of screenprinting, plastisol, imprint and stock transfers.

And, I was able to gang up as many images as I wanted. My image area was 13 x 23" so in the end the main design will come in at about $1.50 with shipping from East to West Coast. I made about six phone calls to the custom transfer companies frequently mentioned and Dowling was the only one to go 23" or larger (yes a full sheet but that's 100 minimum).

Anyway, ask for Diane. The art department and sales are really laid-back, thorough, helpful. I was concerned about art charges as I'm new to Corel Draw. No biggie for minor art tweaking which was not needed.

Have you tried posting on screenprinters.net for someone in Orlando?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I would say that you could contact me, but that wouldn't be a referral but a "tootin' my own horn". On the other hand, screenprinters are thicker than fleas in Orlando. Look in the yeller pages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts