T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Printing sleeves on short sleeve shirts, and thought there might be a better idea for printing them. Putting them on the corner of a 15 x 15 press is a pain. OR, is there anywhere I can buy a new pad and cut it so it can be inserted in the sleeves straight without putting it on the corner? Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are much smaller presses available. I have a 6x6 that I use for sleeves and for pressing my labels into the neckline. It also works great for kid/baby stuff and other smaller items. Depending on the type of press you have, smaller platens may be available so you wouldn't have to purchase an additional press.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What model press is it so i have something to research. Also, i am looking for the rubbery pad that goes between the shirt and the bottom metal plate. I was thinking of cutting one down so i can slip it into a shirt sleeve instead of manipulating sleeves onto a corner of a full size pad. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I bought a cheap china made plate press...$200 and works great for sublimation plates and also for smaller items..it is a 6 inch circle. I also have used my hotronix cap press and that worked well also

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, the new ones are pretty pricey. I got mine for a steal from a friend who was closing his shop. You might check ebay for a used one(even though they are running a lot of the good sellers away)...you never know what you'll find. Also, Charles is right, a hat press would work just as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well either way we will have to research it. I dont think I want to get into pressing hats, but if it is usable for the sleeve and or smaller logo applications, i would be willing to give it a shot. especially is we get this account that requires all kind of small sleeve printing.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I use my hat press for all kinds of small stuff. I have press baby clothes,sleeves,hats,umbrellas,back of shirts collar area,and visors. You are only limited by not trying. In most cases you can press anything. .... JB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts