T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just a simple question and I hope it isn't dumb but here goes. Do you know of any really successful t-shirt designers who have made really good money in the business of t-shirts. I've searched google on the subject and I have come up with nothing or relatively nothing. It almost seems like if they are out there, then they have just kept quiet on the subject. Why do you think that is?
:confused:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
There are people who make a lot of money... and yes a lot of them don't talk about it much... I worked for a guy who did 1000s of shirts for big companies and he was laid back and didn't ever really talk about how much he made... there are also a ton of people who dabble in shirts and don't make much...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello Erich, welcome to the forum. Well, I hope I'm right to say Paul Frank and Johnny Cupcakes are "successful t-shirt designers". Also, there are so many of them on this forum, on Threadless, etc. I don't know if they're classified as "t-shirt designers" per se, but many of these ppl are perhaps, graphic artists/ designers/ doodlers to begin with, and then one day they happened to put their designs on t-shirts...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Also there is Ecko Unlimited By Marc Ecko, Also Zoo York is Marc Ecko and he has a Cut n Sew line. There are prob a lot of stories like this. Person makes tees to fund and start a full streetwear line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts