T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Would anyone like to share how they got started in the T shirt business and where they are now. (Fulltime,parttime) For ex. I sold 1 shirt, now I'm selling ?00 shirts. I think it would be an encouraging read for people just getting into this business.

Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah, I agree. It'd be cool to hear some stories from the veterans on this forum. As for me, I haven't sold a single shirt yet, but here's the lowdown on where I am. First started thinking about selling shirts last summer. Put a team of friends together that covered all my bases: ecommerce, site design, graphic design, photography and marketing - very carefully delineated profit-sharing model. Working by committee is slow, but we're about to go live in a few weeks. We're in a bit of a gamble here, as we sunk money into a bit of upfront costs: merchant account, Yahoo store account, a sizeable inventory, etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
At first I sold virtually nothing. Then I came up with one successful design. I sold several dozen t-shirts and other items with the design on them. I made $500 profit on that design (selling via SpreadShirt). But since then I made a few more designs that flopped. I have to admit that most of the time since last August I haven't not been working on my t-shirt business. I think that's probably my biggest problem. But it's hard for me to get motivated to work on it unless I come up with an idea that I think will be a hot seller. Otherwise I guess I just feel deep down like why bother. At this time I don't see a clear, certain path towards consistent profitability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts