T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a ton of trouble with Image Clip.
It is not transfering properly to the transfer sheet and definitely not working on the t-shirt. I have tried all different temps and times and nothing is working.

This is the type of application that most of my clients ask for.
Is there a sub for Image clip that leaves no background on a variety of different colored shirts that I don't have to trim? I do alot of sayings, so I need a clear or no back ground paper.

I am so sick of image clip, there has to be something else....right?

Also, can anyone recommend a good company in Canada to buy transfer paper through? The company I use know has awful customer service and they are no help at all.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Crysta... Try this... Periscope Promotions Inc. - Military, Personalized and Promotional Products I think they might be able to help you
Their statements about Duracotton are absolutely untrue. It is NOT zero hand, it DOES require cutting unless you want the dreaded polymer window and it WILL crack when stretched. Don't get me wrong, I like the paper. It is easy to use and produces very nice prints, but it is not what they advertise it to be.

IMO there is nothing on the market right now that does what ImageClip does. Read everything on this forum you can find related to ImageClip and keep at it. It is a technically demanding process. The first stage press requires very light pressure at the proper temp and time. If your press platen is not perfectly flat, you won't be able to get very light and even pressure. You'll get more pressure where there is a high spot on the platen.

I solved that problem by using a thick foam pad. The pad evens the pressure across the platen when using very light pressure. I could not get a decent first stage press before figuring that out. I did a post on the process. Also read the posts by Luis related to ImageClip. He's done a great job of explaining the process.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Geez Ross - if only you had waited two months!

I respect your opinion and appreciate learning of it. I am disappointed you are an Imageclip man ... but certainly have no issue with it. Afterall, that's why some people like chocolate and others vanilla; why some drive Fords, GMs and imports.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I like DuracottonHT. My comment was more aimed toward the advertising than the product. We don't do much in the way of laser transfers anymore but used both DuracottonHT and ImageClip quite a bit. ImageClip where there was a lot of white space and duracottonHT where the image was easily trimmable. Are you coming out with something like ImageClip where only the toner transfers? That would be cool. Plenty opf people have trouble with ImageClip. I would think something easier to use that delivered the same results would be a hit.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ross:

I am sorry you were unable to produce DuraCotton transfers to the levels achieved by most. Poor results are mostly heat press related.

As a highly innovative supplier to the industry, we - at AutoART - are always working to improve our offerings and industry. One simple example: AutoART was the very first to 'grid' the backside of transfer paper, back in 1997. Now, most companies have followed suit.

have a great one!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ok, I just can't resist throwing my hat in here. Duracotton is AWESOME on White, Natural and Pink... beyond those three colors, I get a poly window. That is where Image Clip comes in...

I have read, and read, and printed out every, single tip for IC. I spent about $20 in materials figuring it out so I can have a windowless result on medium and other light colors where DC does not perform well.

I still have a 15% scrap rate on IC, and about 1% scrap rate on DC. I still struggle through Image Clip so I can have more color choices for my customers.

Image Clip will never be perfect, from one sitting to the next I will have trouble with step one. I will tell you if you can perfect step one the rest is gravy, I get a perfect step 2 press every time.

I use light pressure, foam padding under, a backing sheet over and at 220 degrees for 15 secs, I actually rotate the paper around on the platen 4x for a total of 4 presses to get a perfect polymer coverage. For alot of folks that is just too much work. I do not take jobs more than 50 items and thus I am ok with this. I feel your pain and wish you well.

And, another great tool to consider is a vinyl CUTTER! They rock. I wish I hadn't waited a year to get mine...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The results were great, washability was great and the hand was soft. Like I said, I like the paper. It is just not zero hand, zero trim as the advertising states. Image clip is zero trim but only sublimation offers zero hand and zero trim. My definition of zero hand is not being able to tell if the shirt is printed by feel alone. I agree that the polymer window is not visible on white, but it is still there and you can feel it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts