T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 72" sublimation printers and am experiencing a very unusual problem. We sublimate on performance fabrics for basketball uniforms and football uniforms. We sublimate 200+ pieces per day with no problem on solid fabrics.

Recently we recieved an order that required sublimation on open hole mesh fabric. Our printer is printing the order fine but when the mesh is pressed, we are having quite a few rejections as it appears that small stains are appearing...almost as if the ink is somehow moving indescriminately to other parts of what should be white fabric. On the dark panels, we are seeing more than occassional "singe" marks or discoloration.

When we switch back to solid polyester fabrics the problem goes away and everything presses fine.

We have tried to just press the paper on white mesh with no sub ink and no problem. We have tried other fabrics with no problem...but the mesh seems to have this problem. We tried other mesh with different size holes and still the same problem.

Please see pics - any advice would be welcome!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/70vjvwp85mkazy3/WMyLZnU0pW

Pressing at 200 degrees for 30 seconds.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cover the transfer with Kraft paper
Ok thanks for the response. I'm missing something I suppose....

The fabric has the transfer laying on top of it with the ink facing down.

Are you saying to lay the Kraft paper over the back side of the transfer? I'll try that for sure but how does that help?

Thanks again for the advice.
Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.