T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got printer (Epson 7720) and copra refillable sublimation ink cartridges set up. Bought paper from coastal supplies its image right sub paper.Printed a few prints and they are very dull and really light.Went ahead and pressed hoping they would look better,but they dont. Pressed on polyester shirt med pressure for 60 seconds. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I am using the profile sent by Cobra.Thanks.Using Coral draw which I dont know a lot about,just learning

· Registered
1,568 Posts
Make sure, absolutely sure, you are printing on the correct side of the sublimation paper. Some paperes are plain on both sides.

Also make sure any coulour management is switched OFF in your printer driver and ON in your Graphics software (ie. Photoshop) and that the correct profile has been selected.

The polyester shirt mus be 100% polyester and white to obtain the best sub print. Any cotton in the mix and the prints will dull after washing.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure, absolutely sure, you are printing on the correct side of the sublimation paper. Some paperes are plain on both sides.

Also make sure any coulour management is switched OFF in your printer driver and ON in your Graphics software (ie. Photoshop) and that the correct profile has been selected.

The polyester shirt mus be 100% polyester and white to obtain the best sub print. Any cotton in the mix and the prints will dull after washing.
The paper has a white side and a slight diff color on other side I am printing on white side.color management off on printer and profile on in Corel.The prints are very dull and washed out when printed after putting on shirt not much difference.TY

· Registered
781 Posts
The paper has a white side and a slight diff color on other side I am printing on white side.color management off on printer and profile on in Corel.The prints are very dull and washed out when printed after putting on shirt not much difference.TY
Are you creating your art in RGB or CMKY?
If not RGB try that instead...these are RGB printers you will have better results using RGB.

I have not used Corel in over 10 years so someone else ,might be able to offer more specific info.

· Registered
792 Posts
I can't remember what I did exactly, however, I had this problem initially with Cobra.

It came down to using the wrong profile and/or profile installed but not using it correctly.

There are a bunch of ducks you need to line up in terms of paper, profile and settings. I was using PS though, so not sure about Corel.

The have to ask questions....

They label their Sub ink CS-XX, is it the right ink?

Also was this printer used before you added sub inks or have only sub inks ever been added to it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.