T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking soon at retirement and I am considering sublimation printing for cups and tiles. Will be working from home and not looking to make a lot of money, just enough to keep the equipment updated and some loose change money. I want to invest in quality equipment at the best price. Any thoughts, help or advice will be apppreciated.

· Registered
1 Posts
T SHIRT BUSINESS: SUBLIMATION: This means you can print T SHIRTS, COFFEE MUGS, LICENSE PLATES, ID TAGS AND THOUSANDS OF OTHER ITEMS. Included is a Aficio™GX e7700N printer with sublimation ink, used a total of about15 times, T shirts, some dog tags, license plates, Tex print R sublimation paper, heat press. Instruction on where to get supplies. Total package that you can start a business for $1200.00 Reason for selling is other interests.
Richard
(352) 307-3303

· Registered
1,505 Posts
If you want to do mainly tiles and mugs, you could either buy a heat press to do the tiles and do the mugs with wraps, or you could buy a combo heat press with a mug attachment, or a separate mug press. A mug press or a combo attachment could be adjustable which would allow you to do more kinds of mugs. Wraps generally are confined to one type and size of mug and I'm not sure they are even available for all types. So that would be something to consider.

· Registered
16 Posts
I retired 5 years ago and took up dye-sublimation as a hobby/small enterprise. I started out doing tiles (ceramic,glass and marble). Eventually I started doing mugs using wraps and and a small convection oven with good results. I haven't done the mugs for a while because they weren't much of a seller at the shows that I went to, so that equipment is sitting idle right now. Right now I am doing tiles and glass suncatchers, plus a few cyrstal jewelry items.

I started with an Epson C-88 with Sawgrass Artainium ink and a Geo.Knight DK 20 S press. My first use of Artainium ink was for the C-88 and I was buying carts (which didn't go very far,not recommended). I went to the Ciss bag system from Sawgrass for the C88 and had better luck. I also set my 1400 up with Sawgrass bags and I found the experience to be totally un-satisfactory for many reasons, not the least being the cost of Sawgrass for what you receive in return.

Right now I am on my 2nd C88 plus an Epson 1400 for larger prints. I am experimenting with Chinese inks because of cost. I have a CISS for both the C-88 and the 1400 and to date I am very pleased with the results that I am getting. Crisp clear colors that press well onto tile and glass substrates and I don't need a proprietary ICC profile.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your input. I'm looking to make photo tiles, puzzles for the family and mugs / steins to promote our non-profit. So for me the quality of the print is important but because I am not expecting to sell a lot, the cheaper I can do this the better. I also know to get quality, you sometimes have to spend that cash. I have looked at the 4-1 press which I think would fit my needs and I will look at the C88. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.