T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a large format sublimation printer, I’m not sure if I should buy an all in one solution i.e. something like the Epson SC F6370 which has its own inks and rip software so I will not have to worry about colour profiles too much. Or get a good printer and convert it into a sublimation printer by using a reliable sublimation ink brand. Is the a brand out there that sells good sublimation ink with software or profiles that mean I can start printing pretty quickly?

The Epson SC F6370 is 44” which is a little bigger then I need 30-32” is what I am looking for can some recommend a good quality printer to turn into a sublimation printer?

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about which desktop sublimation printer might be a good substitute for a Mutoh RJ900. I'm looking for a (poop link removed by Noxid) desktop for smaller orders so I can use my Mutoh for our larger runs. Thanks in advance.
Well start by ignoring that site you linked to. It's nothing but a clickbait Amazon affiliate site with gibberish for reviews.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am looking into getting a large format sublimation printer, I’m not sure if I should buy an all in one solution i.e. something like the Epson SC F6370 which has its own inks and rip software so I will not have to worry about colour profiles too much. Or get a good printer and convert it into a sublimation printer by using a reliable sublimation ink brand. Is the a brand out there that sells good sublimation ink with software or profiles that mean I can start printing pretty quickly?

The Epson SC F6370 is 44” which is a little bigger then I need 30-32” is what I am looking for can some recommend a good quality printer to turn into a sublimation printer?
I have converted many Epson printers to sublimation printers prior to the release of the F6200 which is now the F6360 here in Aus. With ok result but inevitably they fail with no warranty. If you purchase either the Surecolor F6360 or the smaller F560 you get colour management (MOST IMPORTANT) and the peace of mind of knowing if it fails, a simple call and it will be serviced.
If you are running a business and know the importance of consistent reliable results you will forget about converting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts