T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im relatively new in this space and bussiness. I bought a heat press (8 in 1), epson R230 printer, pigment inks and dyes with the intension to do designs on mugs, plates, mouse pads, plastic bottles, metal water bottles, caps, t/shirts assorted colours.To my dissapointment the printer never worked and it doesnt look like I will ever get it to work.In the end I have decided to buy a new one.Im on a low budget and plan to start small,but my biggest challenge is to chose between Epson Stylus Photo P50 and Ricoh GX e3300N.In addition, im not sure if these will do the job.I have gone through reviews but Im still not sure which one to buy.I will appreciate your opinion on this.
Thanks

·
Registered
952 Posts
In my opinion I'd choose the Ricoh. My opinion is based solely on my using that printer for a while now. It prints nice vivid DyeSub transfers and pretty fast too. I'd say it's a bit small for certain things, but this is a good way to start on a budget. My use of the printer is not a daily thing, in fact sometimes it just sits there for a week or two without use. So far, I have never had a clogging issue with this printer, unlike all the Epsons I've experienced. They seem to clog overnight. Still, I would get a few more opinions before you pull the trigger on either one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Decal Designs. I couldnt get Ricoh 3110DN this end thats why I considered GX e 3300N.So Ricoh is compatible with specific sublimations inks and doesn not need any technical customisation?Thanks for you opinion :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes, with the Ricoh 3110DN, you just order the dyesub inks. It's best if you buy it as a kit, which will give you the printer, the inks, a rip for dyesub and usually a pack of paper to start with. DO NOT ever put the regular inks into a printer you want to use for dyesub.

Reactions: Rootman
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.