T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm a bit at my wits end and Google has not been helpful. I've been trying to use Sublimation to print on White 100% Cotton Shirts. I know this isn't possible without a few tricks, so I used one of the tricks I did on the dark shirts I just finished creating with success. I used Siser HTV Sparkle Clear first, then laid the Sublimation Paper down on top and pressed it separately. (I had done this previously with Sister Glitter HTV Clear on Black LS Shirts with 100% success).

For some reason at lower temps even, the paper on 7 out of 10 shirts was fully "melted or stuck" to the shirt. I spent about 3 hours one night with a spray bottle of warm water and a wash cloth rubbing off the paper at first. And then having to go back through again and elbow grease rubbing off the Black/Brown thick residue that was leftover after the paper came off. I tried so hard playing around with lessening the temps, the times of press, etc and no matter how low of temp I went or how low of time I pressed for, it still occurred. Not to mention I tried it with 3 different machines even thinking it was a machine issue (Cricut AutoPress, HTVRont AutoPress, Cricut EasyPress2). The temps and times I played around with were anywhere from 320-385 F and 10 sec (increments) - 60 seconds (straight). The cooling time I played around with also, from a 1 minute cool to a 10 hour cool before peel. The shirts I use are 100% Cotton White Bella+Canvas Short Sleeve.

Any advice and help would be amazing. I can't keep staying up all night wasting time fixing these issues while trying to get the actual Job Loads done.

Thank you in advance for any advice or help!

Kindly,
~Amy

PS - Attached is one of the shirts off the press that had sat overnight with the Sublimation on overnight for 10 hours.
Paint Rectangle Art paint Creative arts Art

· Registered
4,597 Posts
I used the Siser White Glitter HTV for the Black shirts and those turned out awesome.
Not all HTV are the same.
Those with a clear and high melting or clear thermoset top layer, can be sublimated.
If the film is melting and is sticking, you can try peeling hot. If this does not work either, you have to use a different film.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts