T-Shirt Forums banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
I forgot to inform you that the white toner was printed with a Mono Oki printer converted to print white. (B 412} model.
The sublimation ink jet printer was another inexpensive printer Epson L300.
A lot cheaper then a Oki Color LED White and a Brother DTG printer.
The paper was expensive at $2.25.
AL

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Most "Unicorn-Like" Process So Far:
- White dye-sub substrate
- Dye-sub ink
- "Magic" ink to self/weed release the white substrate
- Injet printer
- Heat press
White substrate will not work well. It has to be either milky with sufficient thickness for opacity, OR a transparent layer over a white or pastel background.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you treat fabrics with pre treatment as well a post treatment what you should do anway on Dark fabrics for the same reason on any DTG printer, then you would get the same result with white background

But if you are asking about sublimation in white cotton fabrics. powder is integrated in cotton fibers by suitable solvent and there is nothing to be washed till 180 st C

By the way besides DTG print how would you get this quality and detail ?????
In this case this sample below is done on Epson DX7450 + iron, Not heat press
Can you get the same details with some OKI and A + B paper and transfer for € 2000

But if you like you can print on any Color laser on CT transfer paper and merge it on this white backgrounder. Sublimation is just one option. And it is definitively not the best one.
There is no such thing a white sublimation ink. So where did the white come from? Is it white toner?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you really know what sublimation is ? I don't think so. Sublimation is a scientific term. It has a meaning. Go search it and then read it and understand it then you'll be speaking the proper language. Sublimation is NOT just to poly. Dry ice sublimates. geesh get your science down..
SUBLIMATION, the action of solid to convert to a vapor form. EVAPORATION. the action of a liquid converting to a vapor form.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I don't understand something.
I've uploaded my 100% cotton sublimated images on this thread to prove sublimating on 100% cotton works. There's no doubt that the sublimation ink is IN the area of the fabric that was pretreated.

Am I just getting ignored here?

AGAIN, the image I'm uploading is sublimated image onto 100% cotton.
AND AGAIN, the image does not wash off!
The yellow post-its marks how many times I've washed the fabric with detergent in HOT water.

AND YES, black shirt is also 100% cotton~
There are no fixatives or polymer applications for sublimation and sublimation inK is used NOT DTG ink or office printer ink. Your attaching ink molecules to the applied polymer molecules. Then heat transferring them onto the cotton fibers. In essence your turning a cotton shirt into a cotton/ polyester blend. So it is no longer 100% cotton.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.