T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some suggestions on sublimating on textured fabric,I thought I had a great plan for sublimating some herring bone textured performance golf shirts but it seems the heat/pressure is distorting the pattern.or when I tid some black lettering on red the red outgased so much it looked kinda pink....ANY HELP THANKS
p.s. my 7000 rocks blows my now unused epson away

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
you don't say what the material is..100% Polyester? If the texture of the material is not returning... I would expect too much pressure could be part of problem...Temp should be 390-400F and red is a pain to do..it is normal for the area of the press to be slightly off color until it cools.. If the one shirt is not suitable to sell...use it to test different pressure...

BTW...I agree the GX7000 out performs the Epsons

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Mitch,

Charles is telling you straight sure sounds like a pressure issue, the first time we sublimated polo shirts we had similar issues, since we ruined the first shirt we just kept moving it to a different location on the shirt, changing our settings until we were happy with the results. It's a big help to write the settings down and your results so you can compare, once you get it right it'll look fantastic.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts