T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi guys ,some pics like these

it showed u how to do,

i have a complete video, it is big size as large as 30M,if you like ,leave your email, i can send to u.

Attachments

· Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And pictures after 10 washes please too :)
How heavy is the hand?

one of my friend showed me how to sublimate on cotton, firstly i do not believe, but he show me the video,now i have to believe that.

and now i am plan to buy some to have a try, to test the wash and feelings, any news i will firstly show here

· Registered
1,474 Posts
You can see in the pics where a chemical is applied to the shirt. I is probably a polyester treatment of some kind. I am extremely skeptical that it would perform like and have the wash-fastness of a DTG print.

· Banned
2,679 Posts
Lets just say it actually works and the end product is good. How many shirts could one realistically complete in an hours time? There is no way with the amount of time it would take to do a set of shirts that you could compete price wise with a person doing DTG. It makes as much sense as a person doing DTG to take a poly shirt, coat in with chemiclas and then DTG the print.

· Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lets just say it actually works and the end product is good. How many shirts could one realistically complete in an hours time? There is no way with the amount of time it would take to do a set of shirts that you could compete price wise with a person doing DTG. It makes as much sense as a person doing DTG to take a poly shirt, coat in with chemiclas and then DTG the print.

yes,you are right, but it seems cost less$$,even spend more time.
and may suitable for some who are new.:)

· Registered
1,474 Posts
I just don't get the sublimation on cotton thing. Why would you want to have dye sublimation ink sitting on top of a cotton garment very much like pigment inks made for cotton. The great thing about true sublimation is how the dye is infused in the polyester fibers and provides no hand and a bullet proof print.

Why would someone want a likely inferior process compared to DTG or screen printing on cotton garments. Is it just to give people with small format printers setup for dye sublimation a way to print on colored garments?

· Registered
32 Posts
I just don't get the sublimation on cotton thing. Why would you want to have dye sublimation ink sitting on top of a cotton garment very much like pigment inks made for cotton. The great thing about true sublimation is how the dye is infused in the polyester fibers and provides no hand and a bullet proof print.

Why would someone want a likely inferior process compared to DTG or screen printing on cotton garments. Is it just to give people with small format printers setup for dye sublimation a way to print on colored garments?
Good points.

· Registered
988 Posts
after applying the solution via spray or anyother way, dry it and then carry out the sublimation printing. It does work :)
Yeah it works the same way that the other products on the market works the only problem is that the print fades rather quickly after the very first wash. If the buyer is not going to wash the shirt then yeah it's acceptable otherwise this method would be a total waste. Plus the colors are not as vibrant like they are when you print on garments designed for sublimation.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.