T-Shirt Forums banner

sublimation inks not printing right: need help please!

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TJLewis 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm greenday's girlfriend. He's in hospital and I'm trying to look after things until he's back home and on his feet again, but I have a big problem and need some advise.

The sublimation inks ran out and I refilled them but now when the printer prints the ink isn't hitting the paper at all (more like invisable ink!) Its an Epson 1290 printer. I've pressed all the buttons (as us gals do) done a nozzle check, head clean and alignment but no ink is getting printed.

I'm sorry If I have posted this in wrong place but I sure could do with some advice as I have orders I can't send out.

Thank you

#6 ·
Re: I'm panicking - need some help please

Thank you for your replies

camconcay said:
you most likely have air in the lines - filling carts or a bulk system is not that easy - especially with a 1289/1290 - check http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/search/forums?q=epson+1280 - lots of help there for all kinds of epson (well - all kinds period) printers.
I checked out the link - It would seem the printer head has had it !

#7 ·
If I get air in the pipes when I refill my bulk inks I can get rid of it by using a large syringe supplied by the inks company, this is used to draw the excess air out of the pipes by putting the nozzle into each hole and the cartridge and slowly pulling back the syringe until the ink runs clear.
Any ink taken out accidently can be put back in so isn't wasted.
Justin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.