T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Yes I tried a 100% polyester tshirt at various terms and times. I did get the most success with 420 degrees (F) and 105 minutes. I still have so much ink left on the paper after I press it.
I don’t know why the majority of the ink won’t transfer. At least I got some ink to transfer…
You mean 105 seconds ;-)

No point going too long or too hot. That will just sublimate the ink out of the garment. 60 @400F will give you "reasonable" results, else something is wrong. WHITE. The fabric is white, right? You cannot sublimate dark garments, and even pastel garments will throw off the color balance. Sublimation can only dye the garment darker than it is; it cannot lighten it. All light and brightness must come from the original garment. Same reason copy/printer paper is white.

Show us a photo of the paper before pressing and the shirt after pressing. Sublimation ink does not look bright until it has been heated, so if the unpressed print on the paper looks bright and colorful, it isn't sublimation ink. Sub ink should look dull until heated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You mean 105 seconds ;-)

No point going too long or too hot. That will just sublimate the ink out of the garment. 60 @400F will give you "reasonable" results, else something is wrong. WHITE. The fabric is white, right? You cannot sublimate dark garments, and even pastel garments will throw off the color balance. Sublimation can only dye the garment darker than it is; it cannot lighten it. All light and brightness must come from the original garment. Same reason copy/printer paper is white.

Show us a photo of the paper before pressing and the shirt after pressing. Sublimation ink does not look bright until it has been heated, so if the unpressed print on the paper looks bright and colorful, it isn't sublimation ink. Sub ink should look dull until heated.
Lol… yes of course seconds and not minutes. ; )
I’ve included a picture of the image before and after it was pressed. It’s almost like it was never pressed…there’s the same amount of ink in the shirt as there is in the sheet.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Lol… yes of course seconds and not minutes. ; )
I’ve included a picture of the image before and after it was pressed. It’s almost like it was never pressed…there’s the same amount of ink in the shirt as there is in the sheet.
That looks pretty good. Obviously it is sublimation ink and it is sublimating.

Verify the accuracy of your temperature readings> If they are way off, adjust accordingly and then see what you get. If that still does not get as much ink on the garment as you want, then try a printer setting that lays down more ink, like Premium Presentation Matt. What setting have you been using?

Note, it does not matter how much ink is left on the paper. There will always be ink left on the paper, how much depends on the paper used and how much ink you laid down on the paper to start with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
so im new to this sublimation printing and transferring, I'm using a eco tank 2760 as a starter and I found out I was using the wrong ink so I removed all the ink and put in happy toner sublimation ink and cleaned the heads and the nozzles and printed my image off of word and had my Cricut press up to 400 for 60 seconds and it still didn't print on a 50/50 shirt. please help me

·
Administrator
14,921 Posts
so im new to this sublimation printing and transferring, I'm using a eco tank 2760 as a starter and I found out I was using the wrong ink so I removed all the ink and put in happy toner sublimation ink and cleaned the heads and the nozzles and printed my image off of word and had my Cricut press up to 400 for 60 seconds and it still didn't print on a 50/50 shirt. please help me
Are you sure you got all the old ink out of the tubes? What color is your shirt?

·
Administrator
14,921 Posts
Sublimation ink on transfer paper looks muted and off-color. If your prints are looking like they did when you had non-sublimation ink in your printer, then all your old ink has not been purged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sublimation ink on transfer paper looks muted and off-color. If your prints are looking like they did when you had non-sublimation ink in your printer, then all your old ink has not been purged.
Ok um im at work rn can I show u my prints when I get home

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have converted my Epson 2720 for sublimation with Cosmos Ink EcoTank 502 and I have Crafting Besties Sublimation Paper 123G. My images still won't transfer to my 100% polyester T-shirt. I've tried all Temps and times and nothing works. What do I do??? Someone please help

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Hi, I have converted my Epson 2720 for sublimation with Cosmos Ink EcoTank 502 and I have Crafting Besties Sublimation Paper 123G. My images still won't transfer to my 100% polyester T-shirt. I've tried all Temps and times and nothing works. What do I do??? Someone please help
60 seconds at 400 F will work if you have sublimation ink and white polyester. If the printer is new and has never before had ink in it, then most likely you do not actually have dye sublimation ink. If the printer previously had normal ink in it, then there is still normal ink in the lines and you need to purge it out. Sublimation ink looks a little dull/muted compared to normal ink when printed on paper.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Smear some of your ink on a sheet of sub paper using a finger, let it dry off, then press onto white 100% polyester fabric. This will determine whether the ink itself is at fault.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts